99% quality no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

masmith17

Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
United States
I have a 10' wire mesh dish and 922 reciever.
New c & ku lnbs
But when I'm tring to set sats only get signal to change quality is always 99%.
Any thoughts.

Is this 4DTV (DSR920/922/905)?

If it is - a Quality of 99 is excellent!

Unless of course you mean 99 strength and 0 quality?

It is 4d
and the quality is 99 always.

Are you able to get any analog channels?

Thinking about it, I have seen my 920 stick on 99Q when there is no signal, it's like the last highest value or something.

had c-span for a moment but it faded and couldn't get it back.

Hmmm...

If it were me:

1) Check LNB (coax) cable
2) Check polarity - you mention new LNBs - what's the setup? LNBs or LNBf?
3) Skew - related to 2
4) Dish position both Horiz & Vert

Can you try a stronger satellite like W5 (for digital channels) or Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W (Shepherd's Chapel is Analog ITC on Transponder 16 - vertical)

it sounds like polarity may be backwards. I've seen that happen on the 905

do you get a green light on the receiver when you show 99 quality?

The GI/ Motorola boxes 905 and 410 for example can have 99 reading in the display without the dish coax even connected, in my experience. What really matters in the EBNO reading and the green DCII indicator on the digital side.

Was the setup working previously and suddenly changed? Working before and after the new LNBs? Setup parameters correct in the menu? Cable connectors in good condition?

I have some 20+ year old LNBs that work fine on analog C band and have 0 on digital. Try tuning in on the analog side to see if you can tweak something in and expand from there.

This system was set up about 10 years ago. was running good when I stopped using it. I'm feed up with DN and want to go back to the big dish.
I'll check the coax cables before iI mess with anything else.
polar roter is working
and have tried both standard and 90 deg. offset.
I put a lnbf off my DN dish in place of my feedhorn and using a 2700 echo.
I was getting signal. So I belive my dish to still be set.
So I'll replace the two coax cables tonght and go from there.

I have seen this happen to 920 & 922 receivers, that get lock on 99 Q, an can not receive any digital channels. now all of them had to be master cleared to get them back working again, (options 6/7/7/8 then 7 for master reset) I would try a soft reset 1st if it works will save you time in redoing all you're satellite settings.

had c-span for a moment but it faded and couldn't get it back.

I'm guessing you have a servo motor and if you do it just sounds to me like you may have a bad servo motor and the only way your going to verify this is to replace it with a new one or hook it to the back of your unit and see if it works correctly. It may be hanging in a middle position where it will get neither polarity.

Remove the servo motor and rotate the keyway by hand and see if you can get it to work. If so replace the servo motor.

I can hear the servo move when I'm by the dish and have the channels changed on the reciever. But I will make shure it's moving in the feed horn tonight. thanks for your help.

While your at the dish also check to make sure nothing has build a nest inside the feedhorn throat and is blocking the probe from turning. And just because it makes noise isn't a guarantee, you might have something broken off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)