A conflict of interest for telephone company marketing of dish and directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ocnier

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 28, 2004
Grapevine, TX
Now that AT&T has officially announced the buyout of bellsouth (thank god, cause bellsouth sucked IMO), I am wondering now how this will play out with the sat marketing since SBC promoted dish leasing and Bellsouth promoted directv. Things are about to get interesting in the next few months. This doesn't even take into account the fact that SBC was in the process of rolling out its own FIOS service. Just wanted wanted to get peoples thoughts. :devil: :up

Here's the link guys for the buyout info:
http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1167936&tw=wn_wire_story

AT&T wireless customers that became Cingular customers (when Cingular bought AT&T wireless) will be changing their wireless company back to AT&T.

What goes around comes around....

ocnier said:
Now that AT&T has officially announced the buyout of bellsouth (thank god, cause bellsouth sucked IMO), I am wondering now how this will play out with the sat marketing since SBC promoted dish leasing and Bellsouth promoted directv. Things are about to get interesting in the next few months. This doesn't even take into account the fact that SBC was in the process of rolling out its own FIOS service. Just wanted wanted to get peoples thoughts. :devil: :up

Here's the link guys for the buyout info:
http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1167936&tw=wn_wire_story

guess that means bye bye cingular wireless, and hello "The New AT&T Wireless, powered by cingular wireless" soon to just become then, At&t Wireless again. sorta funny when you think about it.

then personaly i hope they allow customers to choose to bundle with eather provider, sorta makes one wonder if d* knew this was comming down the road, and thats why they whent to a lease model, since thats the arangement dish and at&t have in providing the bundled service.

arxaw said:
AT&T wireless customers that became Cingular customers (when Cingular bought AT&T wireless) will be changing their wireless company back to AT&T.

What goes around comes around....

And the ones that were Bellsouth, before Cingular bought out Bellsouth Cell Service, will technically be back with Bellsouth again, just under a different name.

I'm getting dizzy going around in circles. :what

dragon002 said:
and nextel customers will all be sprint very soon

i actualy herd that it will be a few years down the road before we will be fully "sprint" customers. and that edventualy the network that was the standard for reliability will disapear and become the sh!tty sprint network we all know and hate.

lou_do said:
And the ones that were Bellsouth, before Cingular bought out Bellsouth Cell Service, will technically be back with Bellsouth again, just under a different name.
They always were Bellsouth, at least partially. Cingular is jointly owned by BellSouth and SBC (now called AT&T).

RIRWIN1983 said:
i actualy herd that it will be a few years down the road before we will be fully "sprint" customers. and that edventualy the network that was the standard for reliability will disapear and become the sh!tty sprint network we all know and hate.

Hey,
I like my Sprint service, I've never had any issues with it..... yet.:)

On another note : All the New AT&T customers are AT&T only in name, it's actually SBC running things.

The Head honcho at SBC just thought the public knew the att name better, for better or worse....
I am not sure if the Att name is or will be what it once was.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts