freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
A couple Ku FTA channels on 107.3W?

(Canada) 11837v The shopping Channel

12050v Knowledge & BC Legislative Assembly

These are supposedly FTA. I am having a real hard time getting these.

All I get is

Winnepeg A2 SRC/RDI as a transponder ID

Another one of them from Regina seems to freeze up my coolsat 6100.

I have a digiwave 33" with standard digiwave Linear LNB, and a sg-2100 motor.

These are listed on lyngsat as FTA. Is there some weird reverse polarization thing going on?

Last edited:
They are Starchoice freekey. To get them you need to use a previously subbed starchoice box, not a regular FTA reciever.

I haven't registered before today, but I have taken advantage of this info here for about a year. Since I recently installed my motor/dish on the roof above the trees. I'll be spending more time here.

Thanks again for the fast response. I'll try to help when I can.

freezy

PS. Where is a FTA Ku shopping Channel?

freezy there are shopping channels on ku, sometimes you'll see some on 97, and on 72W there is a channel that has shopping, its a very low symbol rate so you need a sensitive receiver to get it. And dish that's aimed well. Try 11890 H SR1667.

groovy.

The blind scan on this coolsat 6100 leaves a lot to be desired. Manual is about as bad.

I won a $50 gift certificate to a FTA place. They of course don't have any real FTA LNBs. They carry viewsat, sonicview, captain, captiveworks and coolsat. They don't have any older equipment.

Of those, is one better at scanning or more sensitive?

Don't have any experience with any of those brands later models. Have a Viewsat Ultra, a little over 2yrs now but hardly ever use it any more. It's just average as far as blind scan goes, won't find the low symbol rate channels on blindscan, but will display most of them if you enter manually. I have a Buzz, which was a 'sister' I think , of the Sonicview 4000, it seems to find those low SR feeds, but don't think either of those is avail any more, except on ebay maybe. Mercury2 or Dynamic by Fortec is great box, Traxis 3500 also very good at blindscanning. Those you still can buy new. Both are standard def receivers.

I gotta eat my words. That Cs6100 just grabbed home shopping Network on 72w. I editted the sr to 1667. It was on 1666. I wouldn't think it made that much difference, but it did.

Thanks

I'm off topic on my own thread. I got what I was looking for anyway. Now my mom can visit my house and stop saying how silly my FTA dish is.

You folks Rock!!!

glad we could help

If you like knives there is a knife show on AMC5 (79W) between 7-10 Central Mondays & Fridays...the info escapes me but its around 11910 H. My Coolsat 5000 grabs it on a blind scan

no...past there a little bit...around 11915

KTEL has AC-3 audio but scroll through the language on the receiver....3rd one is regular audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)