A dish and a porchscreen.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
One of the reasons I have not jumped on the H3, is that in all likely-hood, we will be moving to a controlled community in FL within the next year or so. I KNOW the FCC rules, however, the homeowners Association put's "dishes" to a annual vote, and it is always voted down. So, It has to be within the residence. Luckily, that would would no problem in our porch area to get EA. Would a screen cause problem for reception? My guess is yes.

If the screen is metal without a doubt. Can't say for sure about vinyl or other screen material.

Why not take a sheet of vinyl screen and place it over your present dish and find out? Then, you can report back the results to us.
Not a bad idea. But I would have to put it right on the LNB, if that would make a difference.

Wow...Several years after FCC Rules on Satellite dish placement have been law and some people are STILL dealing with this....Unreal..
If it were me, I'd put the thing up and upon HOA reaction, quote the law chapter and verse. Then let the blue haired cranky old jerks sweat over it.

Wow...Several years after FCC Rules on Satellite dish placement have been law and some people are STILL dealing with this....Unreal..
If it were me, I'd put the thing up and upon HOA reaction, quote the law chapter and verse. Then let the blue haired cranky old jerks sweat over it.
There are ways they can get around it, covered in OP.

He would lose, read the rules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)