A&E HD To Launch Wednesday

Have been watching CSI for last half hour with the Sony HS60 on the 106". Switching back and forth with ESPNHD and WorldsportHD and some others. The quality looks great to me. Non-hd content is same quality as on ESPNHD, specifically the 4:3 stuff, it's SD with a booster shot. Will try and check the original C-band feed quality

A&E HD has to be the mother of all HD when it comes to content. There is so much that one can't find anything on HD. What a freaking waste of channel. CSI Miami was not HD, the Sopranos are not HD. What a freaking joke this is --- worse than TNT HD. Is this compelling? Give me the YES HD or SNY HD... their studios HD beast HD A&E HD so far in HD content and, of course, no one can't complain about repeats since A&E HD has nothing in HD to repeat :) what a joke??????

I see a lot of jerky panning shots on CSI Miami. It looks just like the mpeg 4 hd locals did on Cbs . I know this is a mpeg 2 channels with an mpeg 4 header but it looks just like that one did . I also noticed this on the STARZ HD channel when it first started as well.

From the couple things I saw it didnt look too terrible to me. I didnt watch the CSI execpt to look at it because I already saw it before... One thing I did think was really good was that they didnt use TNT's Stretchovision on the 4:3 shows... If I want it streched, I will strech it...

I wonder if the new upcoming HD channels such as History, will start up so badly.

I watched CSI Miami last night in HD. Looked pretty good but not as good as the original OTA broadcasts on CBS.

As far as the amount HD programs I'm not ready to bash A&E yet, I'm hoping they add more HD in the next couple of months ala National Geographic HD.

Now, if we get to April and they are still only showing CSI in HD then I'll be very disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)