A few questions about Dish Pause

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I am considering pausing my service while I try a few alternatives to Dish and have a few questions about Dish Pause.

1) Will I still be able to watch my existing recordings?
2) If the answer to #1 is yes, does that also include recordings on an External Hard Drive? I had read somewhere before that people were able to watch their DVR recordings but that the External HDD was blocked. Is that true?
3) If I were to pause my service, then re-activate it, how long would I need to wait before being eligible to pause again?

If anyone can help me out with these answers, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Also note that if you have any discounts or incentives on your account, they are forfeited when you go on pause.

I am considering pausing my service while I try a few alternatives to Dish and have a few questions about Dish Pause.

1) Will I still be able to watch my existing recordings?
2) If the answer to #1 is yes, does that also include recordings on an External Hard Drive? I had read somewhere before that people were able to watch their DVR recordings but that the External HDD was blocked. Is that true?
3) If I were to pause my service, then re-activate it, how long would I need to wait before being eligible to pause again?

If anyone can help me out with these answers, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey! You will not be able to view your recordings while on Pause; it suspends the service while keeping the account active so you don't have to send back the equipment right away, but you won't be able to view anything related to the service. You'd still be able to view any Netflix, Youtube, or Prime subscriptions through your internet-connected Hopper though as those aren't affected by Dish Pause.

There's no time limit for when you can add Pause after removing it, you could remove it and add it back the same day or the next day! If you do have any offers on your account, Pause will forfeit those, and if you're under contract, any time on Pause doesn't count towards that contract -- it also pauses the contract.

I paused for about 2 months. Tried Youtube TV. Realized I didn't miss dish and ended up canceling. The picture on YTTV is just as good if not better, but the sound is inferior to Dish.

Good to know on this; we will be selling our house and moving across country, but don't know how many months it will be before we move into a new house, so I assume we'll do the Pause option during that time.

Good to know on this; we will be selling our house and moving across country, but don't know how many months it will be before we move into a new house, so I assume we'll do the Pause option during that time.
Do you have external hard drives attached to your receiver to archive programming? If not and you are going to be on pause for at least 2 months it might be just better to cancel your existing service and start a new service at your new home taking advantage of new customer savings.There are a lot of ifs there but it is something to think about.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)