This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

a few questions about the Edision OS MIO 4K

You can do that, but you MUST follow this info: How to add or edit a satellite in E2 based receivers

A lot of your questions are already answered in that forum. Feel free to read through all the threads. I posted a lot of tidbits for doing things.

You can do that, but you MUST follow this info: How to add or edit a satellite in E2 based receivers

A lot of your questions are already answered in that forum. Feel free to read through all the threads. I posted a lot of tidbits for doing things.
Thanks! Yes that's the info that I used and it seems to be working fine, only that when I am on a channel and press Ok to display the channel statistics, it shows the old satellite name, even for new entries that did not exist before, it takes the nearest old name. Definitely not a big deal and not a real problem, but just wondering where that was coming from

anyway, I'll dig more into the existing threads. Lots to learn in there!

Thanks!

That's really odd. You are making SURE to change the orbital locations for your new entries, AND you are using Notepad++ for editing? Don't just use the regular Windows Notepad program, as that won't work properly. Did you restart your receiver after replacing the satellites.xml file with the edited one?

yes, notepad++, and changed the orbital location as indicated in that other post and restarted the receiver after FTPing the updated file to /etc/enigma2

Reactions: primestar31
I think it is The GlamourAura skin that gives the old satellite name. Other skins don't do that. I like the Openpli skin Pd1loi-HD-night. It's not in the Satdreamgr plugin feeds but the IPK can be installed in TNAP.