a few questions about the Edision OS MIO 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks Brian for the advice about the SCR - I'll look into that. I don't remember seeing such option on the TNAP image though, just standard 5150 C-Band, standard 10750 Ku and universal Ku.

about the satellite list, is it a problem if I add satellites between the existing ones? For example I have a small fixed dish on 34.5W Ku, for convenience of always having that reception on both receivers, but then if the weather gets rainy, that reception fades away, and I like having the option of using the BUD to receive it. So I have an entry for Int 35e using the BUD Ku LNBF, and another Int 35e fixed using the LNBF on the small dish. I do the same for 123W, 97W, 87W and 125W. Of course I enter those satellites with a different orbital slot value (off by 0.1 degree). Do you think that would cause problems too?

You can do that, but you MUST follow this info: How to add or edit a satellite in E2 based receivers

A lot of your questions are already answered in that forum. Feel free to read through all the threads. I posted a lot of tidbits for doing things.

You can do that, but you MUST follow this info: How to add or edit a satellite in E2 based receivers

A lot of your questions are already answered in that forum. Feel free to read through all the threads. I posted a lot of tidbits for doing things.
Thanks! Yes that's the info that I used and it seems to be working fine, only that when I am on a channel and press Ok to display the channel statistics, it shows the old satellite name, even for new entries that did not exist before, it takes the nearest old name. Definitely not a big deal and not a real problem, but just wondering where that was coming from

anyway, I'll dig more into the existing threads. Lots to learn in there!

Thanks!

Thanks! Yes that's the info that I used and it seems to be working fine, only that when I am on a channel and press Ok to display the channel statistics, it shows the old satellite name, even for new entries that did not exist before, it takes the nearest old name. Definitely not a big deal and not a real problem, but just wondering where that was coming from

Thanks!

That's really odd. You are making SURE to change the orbital locations for your new entries, AND you are using Notepad++ for editing? Don't just use the regular Windows Notepad program, as that won't work properly. Did you restart your receiver after replacing the satellites.xml file with the edited one?

That's really odd. You are making SURE to change the orbital locations for your new entries, AND you are using Notepad++ for editing? Don't just use the regular Windows Notepad program, as that won't work properly. Did you restart your receiver after replacing the satellites.xml file with the edited one?
yes, notepad++, and changed the orbital location as indicated in that other post and restarted the receiver after FTPing the updated file to /etc/enigma2

Reactions: primestar31

Thanks!
I think it is The GlamourAura skin that gives the old satellite name. Other skins don't do that. I like the Openpli skin Pd1loi-HD-night. It's not in the Satdreamgr plugin feeds but the IPK can be installed in TNAP.