A few surprises from Vivek!

I would like Vivek to hire some programmers who can fix all the bugs in their software. Dish/Echostar has always take a lot of pride in their great hardware. But the hardware isn't much good if the software is crap.

Right now, the software is crap! This is their business, they should treat this like a crisis.!

Vivek said something on the show that I thought was mind-bogglingly stupid. Someone asked why Dish doesn't release an API for the Hopper so that other people can write apps for it. Vivek said something about wanting to protect the content stored on the Hopper. Now (ignoring for the moment the fact that 99% of everything gets bootlegged somehow anyway), is this really the level of intellect in Dish's programming team? None of the existing apps access recordings stored on the Hopper! If you don't want access to the recordings, just don't put that in the API! It's not rocket science! They didn't ask for source code to rewrite the OS, they asked for an API for writing apps!

(By the way, I was going to call in to the show and ask about this ridiculous video problem on the Eastern Arc versions of MTV HD, SyFy HD, etc., but I don't like talking on the phone, so when Scott said that people could PM Vivek with any questions after the show, I did it that way. I still haven't received a reply. But there is no way that this isn't a Dish problem, as they're in total control of their system. It isn't coming from the originators that way because nobody has reported it on the Western Arc. It's either the encoders, the receivers, or an incompatibility between the two.)

I suspect the limits on apps is driven more by networks et al.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

vivek was also talking about using spotify is it like pandora?he said after vevo that there will be a couple more music stuff coming.

He was talking about using Spotify and TuneIn Radio in his car. Not on the Hopper.

Vevo is COOL have been watching it the past few nights on my Roku. Will be a great feature on the Hopper. Lots of music videos!