A minor request from your FTA moderator

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree Pedro

When she originally went in, the aneurysm was considered a 4 on a 5 scale

5 they dont operate on because the person will die soon
4 they usually dont work on because even if they do the person never recovers properly

We want to go back to HCMC and find that doctor and say "here's your 4 customer" to show how well she improved. The doctor who worked on her the 2nd time (a month ago) couldn t believe her improvement

Im glad things worked out Ice. Your guardian angel has been looking out for you guys. Not that many stories like this have happy endings. It's great this one did :) All our prayers have been answered.

yep just went yesterday to visit her. She's doing pretty good and getting use to maneuvering around the house with the walker.

She was excited to get out of the house yesterday. She has outpatient therapy but she got out of the house and her and gramps went for a drive

I guess I can give an update :)

She's been home now for 5 weeks and other than having to use the walker when she goes outside the apartment she's pretty much back to normal....well as normal as you can be.

Her outpatient therapy lasted all of 10 days and she was done with that. They said it wasnt needed. She gets around the house and uses the walls in case she needs support. The only thing we are trying to tell her is not to overdue it. She thinks she needs to go grocery shopping with gramps because "she knows where the items are" ;) She is regretting that now (too much work on her)
She hasnt been to church yet because she doesnt know if she can sit for that long on the hard church pew. She said her chair she's OK in but any other chair its hard for her to sit for a while.

She does have her humor still. I went there today and she said they ordered take out from the restaurant across the street. She said "I thought about making lunch and thats about as far as I got. I told gramps lets order from across the street" :)

The only weird thing still is before her surgery she HAD to watch Young and Restless. Heck the VCR was to record it every day even if she saw it. And if the power went out I had to get there right away to set the VCR clock and timer again. She said today if it was taping her show and I said "no" (I had turned off the timer when she went in the hospital) and asked if she wanted me to turn it back on. She's like "nah I dont really care to watch it anymore" :eek:

Then she throws this little gem at me "so when are we going to the new Twins stadium" :)
(When she was in the hospital we agreed that when she got better we'd go)

This really IS good news Tony.

I don't know how she'd feel about this, but in our church, when there is a wheelchair bound person (two come to mind), we allow the chairs to either stay in the isle near the family members, or sit at the back so the wheelchair with rider can be behind the last pew. Would this be an alternative to NOT going to church?

Photto

Glad to hear she is doing so well. Now get her to a Twins game! ;)

Tony,

Thanks for the update!

I see the desire not to watch "Young and Restless" as a very positive sign of recovery! LOL!

Tony, Glad to hear she is doing better and at home too! Tell her to take a pillow to church to sit on. I've seen lots of folks do that over the years...Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)