A minor request from your FTA moderator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess Gramma got moved back locally tonight. My mom called me late and thats really all she said and that it was a long day and she'd talk to me tomorrow..

But my mom did say that gramma wanted to drive the ambulance but they wouldn't let her :D

No doubt where you get your attitude from! (and that's a good thing!);)

sorry for the lack of updates but there really hasnt been much change. Gramma is doing therapy (and kicking butt) and eating real well. I usually go visit each day or every other day so she likes that.

Tomorrow she goes back to HCMC to have a CT scan done and to get her stitches removed. Also to talk with the doctor/neurosurgeon. But it will be nice to go back in what looks like a van versus the ambulance :)

The support she gets from you and the rest of your family is one of the biggest reasons she is recovering so well. We should all be so lucky!

sorry for the lack of updates

I think gramma is driving the staff nuts :)

The only reason she is still at the long term facility is she is still having issues walking. They have her using a walker now instead of the wheelchair for short trips. But if she tries to get up like me and you her legs cant support her so she falls down.

She has no tubes, no stitches no nothing in her. She's been wearing her own clothes for a couple weeks now. Her memory is coming back (which is really good) and she still works with a therapist for remembering and stuff. The other day she had homework ;)

Honestly I think (and really hope) that sometime this month she can go home :)

well I think she is ready to go home....in fact if she didnt have that appointment today with the neurosurgeon she probably was to go home last Saturday.....

She's using one of those 4 wheel (with the bench) walker and is booking from her room to the therapy room and around. So her legs are better. She just gets tired real quick which is normal.

Today she had a CT scan and an appt with the neurosurgeon in Mpls and he was shocked at how much improvement she has made in a month.

so hopefully we can get close to closing the thread this week with her going home....soon :)

as soon as I post an update I have to update the update :)

phone rings and its the care facility. I pick up and on the other end I hear "they're shipping my rear end home Friday" :)
It was my grandma. My mom then told me Friday morning she gets to go home :D
She'll still have to come back there a couple times a week for therapy for a few weeks. If they went to the house she is considered "home bound" and couldnt leave the house.

So Friday is the big day :) 112 days later

I pick up and on the other end I hear "they're shipping my rear end home Friday" :)

Great news Iceberg!

Just tell her to be sure that they ship the rest of her home as well ;) ...

I always think of my grandmother and my aunt when I hear that expression... There was a hurricane coming (this was many years before Katrina), and my aunt called my grandmother and told her to "get her @#$ over here" (to my aunt's house so she wouldn't be alone), and my grandmother's classic reply... "Can I bring the rest of me too?" :D

Yay!

10:29 Grandma got dismissed from St Gertrude's (the health care facility). Paperwork was signed and the nurse helped her out to the car.

I went to visit and it was nice to go to their apt complex, dial their apt number (controlled entrance) and after 2 rings have her say "hello" and let me in. She was in her chair watching TV.
She said a few times "I'm happy to be in my chair and look out and see something other than traffic". The old bridge that crosses the MN river they are working on so she gets to see that now. After lunch she went to lay down and when she laid in the bed she was like "I'm home. My bed" :)

So now gramma has to get use to being at home. I think she can handle that :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)