A new diginet called StoryTV will be launched on 3-28-22

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
A new diginet called StoryTV, similar to Decades on history documentary TV shows will launch on March 28th, 2022.

Wiegel, Hearst and other will carry the new diginet on their O&O stations assuming there any room left in 19.2 MBs bitstarved MPEG-2 world.

My local station in Albuquerque KOAT-DT is Hearst owned and operated.

I am guessing they will just put a new subchannel 7.5 after the 7.4 home LC Shopping Network or just dump the LC Shopping Network for StoryTV on 7.4.:cool:

Should be interesting to see what happens next!:hungry:hatsoff

We have a local LPTV here, KWPT, and they are O&O by Weigel, so I presume we will be receiving the new channel. Should be interesting as I watch both Decades & METV+ off their LPTV all of the time. Another station carries METV.

I think WBAY-TV 2.7 will most likely carry Story TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, given that Gray Television-owned TV station's relationship with with Weigel dating back to when Decades was first announced in 2015 as their charter affiliate, then aborted for subchannel 2.3 for the network under Media General's ownership in favor of Ion.

Weigel later added H&I and Start TV to WBAY-TV 2's collection of subchannels.
Ion Television was replaced on channel 2.6 with Decades in 2020 after WGBA-TV 26's owner, Scripps acquired the entirety of the Ion television network and placed it locally on WGBA-TV 26.5.

WGBA-TV 26 is one of WBAY-TV 2's biggest rivals behind WLUK-TV 11 and WFRV-TV 5.

Story TV is already listed as "coming" on KPWT LD Astoria here on 3.6. I wonder how much it will affect the pq? Right now with 3.1 H&I 720p/3.2 Start TV 480i/3.3 Movies! 480i/3.4 Decades 480i/3.5 METV+ 480i. The pq now is pretty decent.

WISN-TV 12 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is the closest station to where I live that will get the network so far.

The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota don't even have the network yet, so maybe they might work on a separate deal with Hubbard Communications for that market to carry the network on ABC affiliate KSTP 5 a few months from now...

We have a local LPTV here, KWPT, and they are O&O by Weigel, so I presume we will be receiving the new channel. Should be interesting as I watch both Decades & METV+ off their LPTV all of the time. Another station carries METV.
Yes, we are getting Story TV on 3.6.

KMBC-TV, in Kansas City, MO, has lit up Ch. 9.3.
Untitled18.png

KOAT-DT, in Albuquerque's TV market did show colorbars few days ago but now hide it.

Strange to hide the colorbars while testing.

Here in Albuquerque our local stations never really shows coming soon program promos or coming soon slate board.:eek:

We are such a weard TV market, that never seems to work right or just plain lazy to get anything done around here.:p:hatsoff

Reactions: Route66Fan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts