A Newbie with a 10' Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The 1.2 primestar is movable from 72 to about 111,the baby pstar is 30w,the directway is 103,the Paraclipse about 55w to 139,the Winegard will move nearly horizon to horizon,but is pretty much blocked,buildings/trees,east of 72,so basically it's 72 to 137.And the DISH dishes,can't see em,129/119/110 and 61.5,only have that cause somebody else is paying for it.
Oh,and all my dishes were free :biggrin

Reactions: TheBUDGuy
Used to be in the TV repair business,so it was kinda right place right time.Haven't brought any home in years and don't really have a place to put them anyway.Plus the scrappers have pretty much decimated the population of what was left in the wild around here.

There is no normal focal length as it is a calculation based on the diameter and depth of the reflector. Here is a formula:
Focal Length = ( Diameter x Diameter ) / ( 16 x Depth )
FD Ratio = Focal Length / Diameter

Online calculator:
http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/reflector.htm

Have you checked out the LNBF Install guide?
http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/downloads/Guides/LNBF Install Guide.pdf
Does the link for the calculator work? If it does, it isn't workin for me for some reason.

Mine has experienced 70+ in the past. Around and above 60 mph gusts almost every year. 40 to 50 sustained. But it's all steel.
If concerned, move it with the actuator to place the dish edge facing the wind (smallest surface area) Not 'face on'.

You will probably remember that first image and be able to recall it 10 or 20 years from now. I can recall my first image from my first system. It was Burns and Allen on CBN, close to 30 years ago.

Enjoy and have fun.

Did you use the actuator?

You will probably remember that first image and be able to recall it 10 or 20 years from now. I can recall my first image from my first system. It was Burns and Allen on CBN, close to 30 years ago.

Enjoy and have fun.

Did you use the actuator?
Actually, no. We're going to fix the actuator in about a few weeks or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)