A Note From Scott on New HD

that is of course if they truly launch

Well I would be surprised if they don't. If she would have refused to setup an appt until they launch I would be a little worried. But she "make calls to other departments" and said they will be available tomorrow at 6am and she could go ahead and make the appt.

I too have had both D* and E*. I left D* due to the fact they could not get a HD signal to my house. E* said the same thing without even coming out which left me with Comcast. Terrible experience until an AT&T salesman came by and said they could get a signal with E* no problem. All those wasted month with cable.

IMO E* equipment is far and away better than anything D* had. DVRs that wouldn't respond, were dirt slow. D* did have a lot of positives but equipment and cabling was not one of them.

WHAT?!? Dish is changing their mind hourly and you don't know what they are going to do next? Gee Scott, are you paying for this information? You need to get a refund!! Trade that Crystal Ball in for a newer model. Clean your glasses!!! Maybe your keyboard has been taken over by a DBS ghost!! Maybe Charlie is pulling your leg and you have lost all feeling!!! Maybe the new twins have taken over your mind and you don't Know it!! GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!!! ARGGHHH!!! :D

WHAT?!? Dish is changing their mind hourly and you don't know what they are going to do next? Gee Scott, are you paying for this information? You need to get a refund!! Trade that Crystal Ball in for a newer model. Clean your glasses!!! Maybe your keyboard has been taken over by a DBS ghost!! Maybe Charlie is pulling your leg and you have lost all feeling!!! Maybe the new twins have taken over your mind and you don't Know it!! GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!!! ARGGHHH!!! :D

Or maybe the guys running this site are paid by dish and direct to string us suckers along so we don't leave DBS for cable.

I am sure thats not true but what if. Im sure we will find out "SOON"

Sorry I know the soon was a strech but had to work it in.

Received an Email from Dish Network this AM with the following....

Talon Dancer

Note: Our Austin HD locals were recently made available on 61.5. In our case this required a wing dish installation and an upgrade from the original Dish 1000 to a Dish 1000.2 - for FREE w/ no commitment :)

Attachments

• Body_2A.gif.gif
    Body_2A.gif.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 408
I have always considered DirecTV the "Gold Standard" of satellite providers. Everything they do is world class.

Some things may cost you more with DirecTV, but if your willing to spend the money for it then its worth it.
I will find out starting Saturday. As I have stated before, SpeedHD is a deal breaker for me. With the Fox vs Dish war going on, I decided to take Charlie's advice and go to the provider that had what I wanted. And unlike Dish, at DirecTV I can qualify for DNS on all the networks but Fox, and I have already sent an email to the Station Manager inquiring about a waiver. I stated my reasons for the request as being that i am almost 80 miles away from the tower and also told him that I would not have the ability to run OTA through the D* DVR, so my Wife will probably shoot me since she will no longer be able to record American Idol. I will still follow all the threads for Dish HD but I feel much better and relaxed since I no longer have a dog in this fight ;)

Just curious will they replace my dish 1000 with a 1000.2 in order to add a wing dish for 61.5? also how will this work for me when they move to an eastern arc MPEG4 setup? Should I ask for a specific setup such as a dish 500 w/ 300 wing? I am in Massillon, Ohio about an hour south of Cleveland.

there are several channs announced in HD that i don't understand, i mean if there's actual HD content then awesome, but my understanding is cartoon doesn't have any HD at all.

For my kids!

I'm sorry, a bit off subject, but can someone please tell me why Cartoon Network in HD is needed? I mean, seriously?

I'd like to see it, because currently the Only HD package has no kids programming on it. It would get watched more than the not at all USA and Sci-Fi channels.

I'm sorry, a bit off subject, but can someone please tell me why Cartoon Network in HD is needed? I mean, seriously?
Well the simpsons movie on blu-ray looked 10 times better than the typical simpsons show on the average SD channel. I know that cartoons wont look that good on sat HD, but there can be a big improvement even in cartoons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts