A Note From Scott on New HD

I totally agree. Why can't Dish fix things that are broken. It looks like it is just as hard for Dish to communicate with it's own people. I know Dish is a big company but come on. All big companys do not act like this.

I'd like to know about those big companies that communicate well internally. I haven't found one yet, and it would be refreshing to work for one that does.

Ted

Are Norfolk HD channels going on 61.5 my dad just had HD installed 2 weeks ago and they only gave him a 110/119/129 dish?

If they do go on the 61.5, don't be mad at the installer. We're always the last ones to know anything.

It's on Dish. We can only install for the sats listed on the work order.

Are Norfolk HD channels going on 61.5 my dad just had HD installed 2 weeks ago and they only gave him a 110/119/129 dish?

Thats what I heard. I just had mine installed on Thu and I only got a 1000.2 also. Will be funny if they bring Norfolk hd lils online next month and we have to get a 61.5 dish :)

Thats what I heard. I just had mine installed on Thu and I only got a 1000.2 also. Will be funny if they bring Norfolk hd lils online next month and we have to get a 61.5 dish :)
Don't laugh too hard. The Dish tech who installed our wing dish for the Austin HD locals on 61.5 last week, was headed to install a wing dish for a new HD subscriber where he had installed a single 1000.2 just two days before Dish made the Austin HD locals available. Of course the Austin HD locals were already up-link to 61.5 when he did the 1000.2 install. So NO, Dish does not think ahead :(

And OBTW I was the one who explained to the Dish tech WHY he had so many 61.5 wing dish installs on his things to do list that day. After all I had access to the actual up-link report and had direct feedback (w/ pictures) from SatelliteGuys.US members :)

Talon Dancer

BTW if Dish did tell the installers to put a wing dish in before the HD locals were available, how exactly would they explain the need for a 2nd dish to a subscriber without "spilling the beans"?

Some of you guys need to use a little imagination. :rolleyes:

Reasons for an unexpected delay:

- The guy who usually does _____ has been out sick all week, OR
- The computer system usually used for _____ is having intermittent problems, OR
- The _____ was supposed to be delivered to the Uplink Center yesterday, but it has yet to arrive, OR
- The plasma conduits are out of adjustment, and "ye canna change the laws of physics, cap'n!" ;)

PS Take the money, Scott - you earned it ! :up

Don't laugh too hard. The Dish tech who installed our wing dish for the Austin HD locals on 61.5 last week, was headed to install a wing dish for a new HD subscriber where he had installed a single 1000.2 just two days before Dish made the Austin HD locals available. Of course the Austin HD locals were already up-link to 61.5 when he did the 1000.2 install. So NO, Dish does not think ahead :(

And OBTW I was the one who explained to the Dish tech WHY he had so many 61.5 wing dish installs on his things to do list that day. After all I had access to the actual up-link report and had direct feedback (w/ pictures) from SatelliteGuys.US members :)

Talon Dancer

BTW if Dish did tell the installers to put a wing dish in before the HD locals were available, how exactly would they explain the need for a 2nd dish to a subscriber without "spilling the beans"?

Now thats funny.

Like Scott needs another "atta boy", but...I feel compelled. Scott, and everyone else involved at any level, love the site, love the information, your words should never be seen as gospel, just the best information you have at the time you have it. We appreciate your dedication and ask you to continue business as usual. As a matter of fact, I would like to hear more from you if you have the time. Seems that if there is a major dissagreement, or perhaps someone coming in and spouting some fairly obvious misinformation disguised as an opinion, when Scott butts in to a thread and sets the record straight, the arguing seems to stop. Just would like to see more of that. Anyways....thanks and "atta boy!"

I agree with a few other people, you oughta take the money Scott. But, your passion for this site holds you back and I can understand that. Keep up the good reporting work, and don't worry about the few that take your reporting and hold you to it.

So NO, Dish does not think ahead :(
I said this in another thread ... "What if.... ?". What if something changes and they have to put a city's locals on a different satellite ? I think it makes sense that they don't pre-install equipment for what *might* happen.

You mean that Austin was supposed to have HD locals in 2006???

Let me start by saying I am not a sat sub now (still on Cable waiting to make the jump). Based on what I see happening in the last 12 months with Dish and Direct, I think it's quite clear that Dish is going for the low end market who wants something a few dollars cheaper and doesn't care so much about having all the HD channels and all the sports channels and all the package options. This is just one example... they obviously don't care that they are way, way behind on national HD channels and don't feel a sense of urgency about getting them rolled out.

Direct is going for the upscale market who has HD and wants all the sports, channels, and packages.

Since I am in the "upscale market" I am 99% convinced I'm going with Direct when the time comes. I'm really just waiting for them to roll out their single-cable solution (SWM enabled dish) so I don't have to run a bunch of RG6 out of the dish.

I don't mean to turn this into a dish vs. direct war zone but I just wanted to point out that this little episode only reinforces people who think like me. Dish apparently doesn't really care that they are moving glacially slowly on national HD rollout.

Since I am in the "upscale market" I am 99% convinced I'm going with Direct when the time comes.
I have always considered DirecTV the "Gold Standard" of satellite providers. Everything they do is world class.

Some things may cost you more with DirecTV, but if your willing to spend the money for it then its worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)