A Poll on Voom as primary or combined content provider

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
to update VOOm
If you Use voom- or plan to
Is VOOM your only provider?
Use Voom with another satellite service?
use Voom with a cable service?
Use Voom with your own OTA setup?

thanks this may help Voom's plans

Results will be seen by VOOM management.i will foward it along.This might help now that we have a huge base here in knowing their customer base better in planning the way they use their capacity for now and the future,,and again it may not :)

I use VOOM with Cablevision IO.

Currently, I am using VOOM for their 21 "exclusives", Discovery HD and NFL-Net....

I am using Cablevision for all my Premiums in HD and also their IO ON Demand Service.

Hope this helps...

Same here, Voom main HT setup, digital cable included in HOA minus the high speed internet...(wish I had that at home)

Same here: Voom and Cable in HT, cable only in bedrooms. I pay additional for the digital cable service, but I really like my cable DVR and won't give it up (at least not until Voom has a DVR to replace it).

I have Voom for my HT and use local cable for all other sets. My wife loves HGTV.

Voom plus ota hooked up to voom. 2 stb, 1 for the hdtv, 1 for 3 sdtvs (only have it hooked to one sdtv at the moment)

Using Voom and E* now
BUT ... If Voom would get Fox News, then I would drop E* and ADD 3 more Voom recievers and more Voom Programing.
Sure there are a few other channels I would like to see on Voom, but I can live without the others.
VOOM = great HD and more !!

I currently carry both Voom and basic cable. However, I can only afford one provider. Voom must carry more very popoular SD channels and be program recorder freindly. I will keep Voom as the sole provider if three major issues are solved:

1. #1 cable news show missing - FOX News
2. #1 sports channel missing - ESPN
3. Program planner only works 1-2 days in advance. It needs be at least a week or, at least automatically change to the same channel at the same time every week.

If I go on vacation , I can only set the auto channel changer to 2 days (at most) in advance for my DVR to record direct from Voom. No automatic weekly default change options. Simply not DVR freindly....... the answer is not wait for the HD DVR reciever, that's at least 6 months away($110 month dual provider fees), with no gaurantee it will record a week in advance and will come at another signicant investment.

cancelled dish same week in dec i had voom installed - i am totally enthralled with a voom only entertainment provider. Having bought a pany 47wx49 2.2 years ago because of beliefs that the broadcast industry would "eventually" catch up to the market and consumer makes Voom the play to win-win. If you own a HD display and don't subscribe now you'll probably wonder if you'll ever stop reading posts about someone else's theory, wants, likes, dislikes, and/or opinions. GO AHEAD, SIGN-UP TODAY, ITS THE BESTEST OF THE BEST!!!

I currently have voom and E* services, I'm very happy with voom's HD content but
can't receive my local networks due to my rural location......don't know of any antenna
that could pull-in digital signal.....so I get my networks from E*

If we are still able, let's continue this poll. Is Voom only for HD aficionados or is it a primary provider in competition with the well established alternatives.

Getting VOOM for HD only. I will still be a D*TV customer until VOOM gets the following...

1) PVR (TiVo)
2) Network HD ( D*TV has CBS-HD, FOX-HD, more coming)
3) Key channels I can get via D*TV (Food, HGTV, a few others)

I agree with Cliff, my wife loves DIY, HGTV, I personally like SCI-FI a lot, however I'm not going to drop money all over the place to have multiple sat. companies in my house. I'll stick with the one with the most promise, and see how it goes from there. Come October, Voom's lineup is expanding, so maybe these channels will be added (in HD wow that would kick ass!). I was reading an article that other sat. providers are maxed on their transmission capabilities and to add more HDTV would be more hassle than they want to deal with... if this is true, Voom appears to be on the other end of the spectrum saying "how can we improve HD and add more HDTV content", personally I prefer that kind of mentality than the "aw damn this is more trouble for us" standpoint.

Currently I have Voom and Comcast Digital. If I am satisfied with Voom after a couple weeks, I will drop my Comcast to the basic Analog service which they luckily still offer in my area for $14 a month (I will get the ones my wife has to have, Food, HGTV, USA). If I get to that point and then Voom adds the above channels, I will switch to Voom only...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)