**Rumor:** Dish Network and Voom combined?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
CVC does not have to be quite about the spin off. It is not an IPO, it is a spin off. If you own X number of shares of CVC on whatever date they finalize you will end up with Y number of shares of VOOM (you keep your CVC shares too). Once all the details have been worked out CVC will put out a detailed disclosure.

The larger dishes are probably not being installed right now because VOOM is probably doing some testing of different designs and manufacturers, working with issues like rain fade and extreme NW locations. It is also quite possible that if they are close to working out the details of the WM9/MPEG4 upgrades of the box that they will put off the upgrades of the dish until they can do both at the same time. It would save VOOM a lot of $$ per sub to make one service call to each customer to replace the dish and do the receiver upgrade at the same time.

I do not see either Dish or DIRECTV buying VOOM outright. I could see them either:

1. Buying rainbow-1 (more likely Dish since DIRECTV has all the spaceways coming).
2. Licensing the "VOOM exclusive" channels to sell to their customers to simply generate more content.

It might make more sense for VOOM to shut down the satellite business, sell the satellite then license the content. VOOM would then be a pure play content provider with their other channels. 25-35k customers are just not worth paying buying, this represents just 2 weeks of selling for D* or E*.

mike123abc said:
CVC does not have to be quite about the spin off. It is not an IPO, it is a spin off. If you own X number of shares of CVC on whatever date they finalize you will end up with Y number of shares of VOOM (you keep your CVC shares too). Once all the details have been worked out CVC will put out a detailed disclosure.
I thought Rainbow Media Services, LLC. was financing this deal through the sale of high-yield junk bonds, which is treated similar to an IPO? I'm certainly no expect, but it seems like common sense to openly discuss operational issues that were briefed back in April and are to be executed during 4th Quarter.
The larger dishes are probably not being installed right now because VOOM is probably doing some testing of different designs and manufacturers, working with issues like rain fade and extreme NW locations. It is also quite possible that if they are close to working out the details of the WM9/MPEG4 upgrades of the box that they will put off the upgrades of the dish until they can do both at the same time. It would save VOOM a lot of $$ per sub to make one service call to each customer to replace the dish and do the receiver upgrade at the same time.
I disagree since these issues were known, briefed and planned to some degree as early as April 23rd - it doesn't take 7 months to select a bigger dish - Motorola was busy working on an add-on card to be ready by 4th Quarter. One service call makes perfect sense, but service calls should be happening as we speak.
I do not see either Dish or DIRECTV buying VOOM outright. I could see them either:

1. Buying rainbow-1 (more likely Dish since DIRECTV has all the spaceways coming).
2. Licensing the "VOOM exclusive" channels to sell to their customers to simply generate more content.

It might make more sense for VOOM to shut down the satellite business, sell the satellite then license the content. VOOM would then be a pure play content provider with their other channels. 25-35k customers are just not worth paying buying, this represents just 2 weeks of selling for D* or E*.
I agree.

I dont think any service would buy the exclusive channels or waste bandwidth showing them. D*'s plans are HD LIL and i dont see them airing this stuff instead. LMAO. And I dont see Dish making up ground on D* by airing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)