A primestar antenna question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is an interesting topic. I have an old eliptical shaped P'Star Dish and never thought much about using it. I will measure it tomorrow, but I think is probably at least 36" wide, maybe wider.

I remember digging it up and the concrete on the pole weighed a lot so I would have to get another pole. I tried breaking the concrete off and it was so hard it didn't break. The pole has a fairly large diameter, but I am sure I could find one.

I took the LNBF off so it is in good shape. Should I use this LNBF, or buy a new one? It has two ports, one for each polarity, so if I can use it how is it connected to the receiver?

Bill

the old LNB will work just fine but you can always get a better one

Theres a coulpe ways to hook up the 2 ports
-hook it up to a 2x1, 4x1 or 22K switch. One port would be port 1 and one for port 2
-2x4, 3x4, 3x8, etc directv multisiwtch works good if you have one handy
-a/b switch

IMO switches are just something else to go wrong! I would go with a new low noise LNB, voltage controlled polarity. Four bolts and it would fit right on!

No switches or settings to change on the receiver..........

Thank you John Green for my new obsession. :) The picture of the Primestar dish laying in the leaves (contained in the link you posted) makes me want to go out and find one (or more) right now.

Bill Dobbs said:
This is an interesting topic. I have an old eliptical shaped P'Star Dish and never thought much about using it. I will measure it tomorrow, but I think is probably at least 36" wide, maybe wider.

I remember digging it up and the concrete on the pole weighed a lot so I would have to get another pole. I tried breaking the concrete off and it was so hard it didn't break. The pole has a fairly large diameter, but I am sure I could find one.

I took the LNBF off so it is in good shape. Should I use this LNBF, or buy a new one? It has two ports, one for each polarity, so if I can use it how is it connected to the receiver?

Bill

Most Home Depot's have the poles. Your bigger stores.

sikma said:
A bit off topic, but last week I saw the 1m round P* dish. Some ding-a-ling took the arm and lnb off it and mounted a basketball rim to it $*@(^#@$^#^*#@%!!!

I wonder if it being a parabolic reflector, that every shot winds up in the hoop?

TiminMb said:
I wonder if it being a parabolic reflector, that every shot winds up in the hoop?
Only if the hoop is at the correct focal point ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)