A question for installers about service calls

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Heres a question for installers about service calls... Just what can and can't be fixed on site or what is out of your control to fix? I am trying to find out why I am unable to receive my local RSN's (never had them in the last year). After 2 days of calling, a Second tier tech told me she tried everything she could (still got message 721) and they would have to send someone out for a service call....Is it just me or was she just giving up?

willis,

i just talked to ISS in boise idaho TIER 3, call directv back, tell them you want ISS. tell them to deactivate all IRDS then reauthorize them . your rsn (s) ARE 621 and 622.

dragon002 said:
willis,

i just talked to ISS in boise idaho TIER 3, call directv back, tell them you want ISS. tell them to deactivate all IRDS then reauthorize them . your rsn (s) ARE 621 and 622.

I called asked for ISS ..had to put me on hold, didn't have a clue what I was talking about...came back gave me an 800 number to call....the message said it was for installers only? I went ahead like I was but then got a message they were closed for the day..called D* back got a tech ..she seemed helpful..she went ahead and disabled IRD's then reauthorized...didn't help, still get 721 message...she said a service call was needed...round and round I go...
Thanks for trying to help!

If its a 721 or 711 problem and you are getting picture on channel 100 there is nothing a tech out at your house can do. Like Dragon said they are just trying to make an excuse to get you off the phone.

The Tate said:
If its a 721 or 711 problem and you are getting picture on channel 100 there is nothing a tech out at your house can do. Like Dragon said they are just trying to make an excuse to get you off the phone.

I am getting picture on 100...seems like at this point I am going to have to wait until Sat when the Tech comes out... Not sure what they want him to do.. I am having no other problems, all other channels are ok..

The Tate said:
Like we said there is nothing that a tech at your house can do. Are they charging you a service charge?

The level 2 tech I talked to today put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said since I have had D* for a year and never recieved RSN's that she got authroization for a free service call..Next thing I bet they bill me away..

Call and tell the bastards to give you the Sports Pack then credit your account until they figure out what the hell they're doing.

willis, what dish do you have?

tate, is there a possibility (i doubt it) that he needs a second dish for locals AND his RSN and has only a round 18 inch dish, just wondering!

Roger said:
Call and tell the bastards to give you the Sports Pack then credit your account until they figure out what the hell they're doing.

roger chill out,

if he cant get HIS rsn , how can he get the others???!!!

call direct back, ask for a level two sarvice tech, when they get on the line tell them you want to register an escalated service issue, then tell them to resend your programming to include(say to include) tour RSN. that should fix it. sometimes you have to treat them like kids, by the way, the installer should have fixed it, 721 message means you are not subscribed to that programming

dragon002 said:
roger chill out,

That's what I had to do to get MY RSN last month and a month later they take my zipcode out of the TC package.
I guess if they can't fix it then uck it.

dragon002 said:
roger chill out,

Thats the funny thin last season I had MLB Extra Innnings and recieved games on 622 and 621, only games everything else blacked out..

dragon002 said:

tate, is there a possibility (i doubt it) that he needs a second dish for locals AND his RSN and has only a round 18 inch dish, just wondering!

I do ahve a round 18 inch dish, but as I said above I have recieved both 622 and 621 with the MLB package..

dragon002 said:

That is a good question. I have no idea?:confused:

Hey Willis:

What are you doing today about it or what are you going to do next?

Roger said:
Hey Willis:

What are you doing today about it or what are you going to do next?

I have been trying to figure out what to do next...guess waiting for tech to come out here...

I just got off the phone with another Tech ..said nothing else will be done until a service call is preformed...I asked what he thought could be done here and he said I may need a new access card...??

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)