A question for installers about service calls

Status
Please reply by conversation.
crunkrock said:
Wow, I cant believe all of the misinformation I have read here. Now to your defense I can understand why your mad, I would feel the same way. and i would have the same things to say, but to the member who is positive the reps are just trying to screw people, pull your head out.

The basic TS steps to this problem are to resend auth, disc and reconn access cards, check to see when the reciever has made a call back. If your reciever hasn't made a call back withing 30 days that will affect it because all RSN are determined from the call back we get from your reciever.

Having DNS may affect it because anyone that has DNS for RV's or bigrigs dont get access to there RNS either. So you may want to mention that as a troubleshooting step....

hope you have better luck in getting this resolved. Keep us updated.

crunk,

read back a few pages, i already told him to have the csr disconnect , then reauthorize, it was done, still didnt work..

tell me one more thing, ive had directv since 1998, never had a phone line and i get my RSN on all 5 IRDS including an R-10 TIVO,
so why is he different.

crunkrock said:
Wow, I cant believe all of the misinformation I have read here. Now to your defense I can understand why your mad, I would feel the same way. and i would have the same things to say, but to the member who is positive the reps are just trying to screw people, pull your head out.

The basic TS steps to this problem are to resend auth, disc and reconn access cards, check to see when the reciever has made a call back. If your reciever hasn't made a call back withing 30 days that will affect it because all RSN are determined from the call back we get from your reciever.

Having DNS may affect it because anyone that has DNS for RV's or bigrigs dont get access to there RNS either. So you may want to mention that as a troubleshooting step....

hope you have better luck in getting this resolved. Keep us updated.

Thanks for the post... they have resend auth, disc and reconn access cards at last count around 25 times..I asked today and receiver made a call back 3 days ago..Anymore ideas?

Did you ask them (for the 3rd or 4th time now that i mentioned) to give you the Sports Pack then credit your account for that amount until they can figure it out?
That's what I did last month to get it when my zip code results came up with "any TC or TC+ package." That's the only fix I know of. The tech told me they were having an authorization problem especially with something or another that I now forget what she said, but since this happened to you for over a year... I don't know.

hmmm....

Maybe it is the distance network services then... Ill look more into it and try to get back with you asap..

and the reason why a tech over the phone would want to send it a tech is because there script tells them to. They get in trouble if they dont follow what the system says, and I know personally, i wouldn't want to lose my job or get in trouble for your RSN. And the reason why they do recommend a sc is to make sure there are no problems with reception. I have personally seen customers who get 721 because there signal strength was so low that the authorizations were not comming through.

good luck and i'll see if i can find out any more info.

crunkrock said:
hmmm....

Maybe it is the distance network services then... Ill look more into it and try to get back with you asap..

and the reason why a tech over the phone would want to send it a tech is because there script tells them to. They get in trouble if they dont follow what the system says, and I know personally, i wouldn't want to lose my job or get in trouble for your RSN. And the reason why they do recommend a sc is to make sure there are no problems with reception. I have personally seen customers who get 721 because there signal strength was so low that the authorizations were not comming through.

good luck and i'll see if i can find out any more info.

So does "escalating" my issue to a "supervisor" usually get things moving?
I just haven't called today...maybe later

Well I called D* again tonight..got a CSR that wouldn't transfer me to a tech, thought she could help me...she put me on hold came back and told me to try
622 and 621, both worked..she said I was all set...got off the phone and relized she had turn on the Sports Pak..called back had another CSR look at my account
sure enough I was now being billed full price for the Sports Pak..

I explained everything to this CSR and he turn it off and said there would be no charge...

So here I am no RSN's still...seeing red after today..I f I want service like this I may as well go back to Time Warner...

I call it F-R-A-U-D! I bet your zip RSN's will be taking out of the TC/TC+ package next month.

Finally got to talk to a level 2 tech supervisor today..he gave me the Sports Pak for free and is sending my problem to IT....well we will see next month

I have fox DNS here and the sports pack comes in properly (I get 388/389 and 89 HD)

Ok heres more on the on going saga...As of today I haven't heard from anyone at D* about my problem, so I am assuming IT is still working on it. So in the mean time I am enjoying my free Sports Pak...

I looked at my Activities Since Last Bill online last night...sure enough I was charged $70.00 for that service call here that was supposed to be free (level 2 tech set it up). I called got a really helpful CSR, she took the time to read through
my issue in the D* system. Gave me a $70.00 credit and then offered me 3 months free Showtime, I said sign me up!

Overall I have to say D* customer service isn't really that bad...
I have a friend that had been with Dish since 98, he called them last week asked
for a deal or he was going to switch to D*.. They actually said....ok see you later..
He is switching now...

Wait until next month when they don't give you the credit for the Sports Pack and then take your zip code out of TC and TC+ for your RSN(s). That's what happened to me 2 months into a 24 month contract so I have a good reason to bitch. $12 more per month for my flecking RSN which is my RSN which I got with E* with any Top60+ and cable not to mention it was available in their database last month with any TC package. Do you think I would have ordered this sh*t under these terms? With $12 difference I may have stayed with cable or went back to E*.
Especially since their movie channels rival what cable offered here 5 years ago.

Roger said:
Wait until next month when they don't give you the credit for the Sports Pack and then take your zip code out of TC and TC+ for your RSN(s). That's what happened to me 2 months into a 24 month contract so I have a good reason to bitch. $12 more per month for my flecking RSN which is my RSN which I got with E* with any Top60+ and cable not to mention it was available in their database last month with any TC package. Do you think I would have ordered this sh*t under these terms? With $12 difference I may have stayed with cable or went back to E*.
Especially since their movie channels rival what cable offered here 5 years ago.

What's your zip code?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts