A question for installers about service calls

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a thought...could my problem be because I have Total Choice with Distant Locals?

Willis said:
I just got off the phone with another Tech ..said nothing else will be done until a service call is preformed...I asked what he thought could be done here and he said I may need a new access card...??

that MAY be a possibility. so why send a tech?? we dont have spare access cards!!

dragon002 said:
that MAY be a possibility. so why send a tech?? we dont have spare access cards!!

You got me...It seems like everyone I have talked to thinks they can fix this without a problem, then they realize they can't and just want me off of the phone.
Don't get me wrong I am not a D* basher but I am getting a little upset with the service I am receiving, not to mention I have supposed to have been getting 621 and 622 for the last year... Granted they are sending a tech here at no cost to me, but what can he really do once here?.... What's your thoughts on Retention, would they be able to escalate this issue for me?

A call to retention has always been able to resolve ANY issues I have had. Not to mention some nice deals on equipment and programming :).

Willis said:
You got me...It seems like everyone I have talked to thinks they can fix this without a problem, then they realize they can't and just want me off of the phone.
Don't get me wrong I am not a D* basher but I am getting a little upset with the service I am receiving, not to mention I have supposed to have been getting 621 and 622 for the last year... Granted they are sending a tech here at no cost to me, but what can he really do once here?.... What's your thoughts on Retention, would they be able to escalate this issue for me?

The only solution I know is what I said about them adding the Sports Pack then credit your account each month. This would get you your RSNs TODAY! IMO, either their system is so messed up that it can't be fixed because they don't know what's wrong or they are trying to scam sports fans out of $12 a month. :mad:

Ok heres the update on my ongoing saga... The tech came out to my home today.
Explained the issue to him and his answer was "nobody" gets RSN's without the Sports Pak" ... finally I showed him the page from D* website where you type your zip and it shows you the RSN you get with each package.. he checked both receivers, dish etc...said there was nothing he could do and left....

I have spent the last hour on the phone with a tech...she finally put me on hold after trying everything she could think of ...came back and told me the issue was going to be "Escalated" by her supervisor...

I asked her what "escalate" was and she said maybe they would send new receivers...like that will help! I am really getting upset....

it is sounding more and more like a data error on the ird or access card. either way you're going to get either a new access card or ird. altho i hate to get a refurb ird in place of my owned ird because i never have any good things to say about refurbs.

lostlife said:
it is sounding more and more like a data error on the ird or access card. either way you're going to get either a new access card or ird. altho i hate to get a refurb ird in place of my owned ird because i never have any good things to say about refurbs.

But how would a access card or IRD problem effect both receivers?

I still say its an authorization problem or a scam to get $12 out of people. Willis has had the problem over a year now and new subs are having the same problem so it's DTV not the equipment or cards IMO. Call and demand the Sports Pack and then a credit each month. That's what I did until they changed my zip.

I would document this info and contact your Attorney General and report this fraud. I would but they changed the zip code thing. Perhaps a class action lawsuit will get their attention.

Roger said:
I still say its an authorization problem or a scam to get $12 out of people. Willis has had the problem over a year now and new subs are having the same problem so it's DTV not the equipment or cards IMO. Call and demand the Sports Pack and then a credit each month. That's what I did until they changed my zip.

I don't think it's a scam... You have to remember the huge number of zip code thet are dealing with, mistakes happen...BUT I would think someone at D* would be able to figure out how to fix a mistake....

Willis said:
Ok heres the update on my ongoing saga... The tech came out to my home today.
Explained the issue to him and his answer was "nobody" gets RSN's without the Sports Pak" ...

I get Fox Sports South without the sports pack subscription.
The problem is not going to be in your access cards or ird's neither. If you were haveing a problem like that it would be on more than one channel I believe.

The Tate said:
I get Fox Sports South without the sports pack subscription.
The problem is not going to be in your access cards or ird's neither. If you were haveing a problem like that it would be on more than one channel I believe.

I think they are just throwing things out hoping to fix it...

Willis said:

your getting screwed on that deal, i bet the total cost for the programing is higher than the cost for the service call/ what they pay to the unlucky tech they are sending out there, i would start to bitch about that too. tech they are in briech of contract for a year since they havent been providing the full service your paying for, im no lawyer, but thats what it sounds like to me.

I found this post on the Directv website forums, the guy was having almost the same problem as I am..does it make any sense to anyone???

"Just a follow-up to close this out (at least in my case). This week I got a chance to call DirectTV customer service and mention once again that I still couldn't get FSN Pittsburgh on my R15. I got a different tech support person this time, and she seemed to be on the ball. To correct the problem, she reset the phone-line connection between the two end points, and voila! I started receiving FSN immediately. The phone line angle never occurred to me, but it makes sense considering my other two "good" D10 receivers aren't connected to a phone jack. I didn't follow up to ask why the phone line connection was the cause of the problem... mainly because a hockey game was suddenly on TV and my mind diverted. "Posted Feb 9, 2006

But it looks like he was already getting it on the standard boxes not connected to the phoneline so this won't help you either. The problem was the R15.

Well here goes.... Just got off the phone with another D* tech, she tried everything that every other tech has ..didn't work. She comfirmed that the tech yesterday had "esclated" my issue but said she would do the same and personally hand the info on my problem to her supervisor..

Her only thought was maybe it had something to do with the fact I had Total Choice with Distant Locals...Does that sound right?

She said there was no need to send new receivers becauce the issue was with both...

Last edited:
Wow, I cant believe all of the misinformation I have read here. Now to your defense I can understand why your mad, I would feel the same way. and i would have the same things to say, but to the member who is positive the reps are just trying to screw people, pull your head out.

The basic TS steps to this problem are to resend auth, disc and reconn access cards, check to see when the reciever has made a call back. If your reciever hasn't made a call back withing 30 days that will affect it because all RSN are determined from the call back we get from your reciever.

Having DNS may affect it because anyone that has DNS for RV's or bigrigs dont get access to there RNS either. So you may want to mention that as a troubleshooting step....

hope you have better luck in getting this resolved. Keep us updated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts