A question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pappapump

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I promise not to write a novel here, though that is a hobby of mine.
I have 5 of em in the works now.
What I haven't done up to this point is describe my bottom line motivation for Sat and video systems, so maybe with a better understanding of what I'm after you can get an idea of what I plan to accomplish.
So far, I have designed a home theater based on a RCA HI-Def tube type TV (WAY cheaper than those plasma and lcd systems) and a HP P-4 computer with a 3 gig processor, TUL 550 Pro video reciever with record capability.
This card is one of the best on the market. The Video card is an Nvidia 6200 Pro with dual video output, as well as svideo inputs. The secondary video out is a Hi Def connector which goes to my hdtv. This allows me to either use the pc, or with A click of the remote, go to TV. I am able to play World Of Warcraft in Hi Def using the TV and remote keyboard and mouse. I can also switch to DVD with a click of the remote, as well as pause live TV.
Now, with one of those Sat cards I suppose I can add that as well?
Here is why I ask. Another TV card I can get is HDTV capable, but if I can get a Sat card for the PC I can add that as well, unless it has an I-O conflict with the TV only card.
Basically, what I have designed is a TIVO ready, recordable video system.
Now since I have no idea which category all this fits in I decided to put it here.
My main concern and question is, do the PC sat cards have a remote?
Are there any known issues?

OMG that usb one is 1 sweet box!
That eliminates any port conflicts I would have with an onboard pci card.
AAH but it's the PCI card that does hdtv!
Well, that would be nice if it also picked up my cable stations.
Then I could eliminate my TUL 550, and just use 1 card.

Last edited:
some of the experts might have a better recommendations. since it is xmas eve. check back on monday or tuesday when the fta people see this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.