A-Rod Out 10 Weeks!!!!

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I know, I know, not enough A-Rod, right. Well, I heard on WFAN that A-Rod is going to have hip surgery on Monday and will probably be out 8-10 weeks. This is a big blow for the Yankees!!!

the things I"ve been hearing about A-Roid is no surgery _yet_ and hope for the best.

I think the Yanks should just have him undergo the surgery and then he'll be good to go for the Yankees for about half the season. Just waiting it out now means when he does have the surgery, he won't be around for the playoff push.

One second thought, let him hope for the best so the Yanks can miss the playoffs again.

Update: A-Rod now has torn labrum!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy"]Moved Permanently[/ame] third baseman [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3115"]Alex Rodriguez Stats, News, Photos - New York Yankees - ESPN[/ame] has a torn labrum in his right hip, in addition to a cyst, both the Yankees and his agent confirmed Thursday.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy"]Moved Permanently[/ame] third baseman [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3115"]Alex Rodriguez Stats, News, Photos - New York Yankees - ESPN[/ame] has a torn labrum in his right hip, in addition to a cyst, both the Yankees and his agent confirmed Thursday.

But the next step in dealing with the injury appears to be in question.

On Thursday morning, Rodriguez's brother, Joe Dunand, told ESPNdeportes.com in a phone interview that Alex Rodriguez would have surgery to remove the cyst and would be out 10 weeks.

In addition, a source close to the situation told ESPNdeportes.com that the surgery is scheduled for Monday in Colorado.

But Thursday afternoon, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said the three-time AL MVP will be treated conservatively in the hope of avoiding an operation. Cashman said that if surgery is needed, Rodriguez would be sidelined for four months.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3954457"]New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez's brother Joe says A-Rod out 10 weeks - ESPN[/ame]

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has a torn labrum in his right hip, in addition to a cyst, both the Yankees and his agent confirmed Thursday.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has a torn labrum in his right hip, in addition to a cyst, both the Yankees and his agent confirmed Thursday.

But the next step in dealing with the injury appears to be in question.

On Thursday morning, Rodriguez's brother, Joe Dunand, told ESPNdeportes.com in a phone interview that Alex Rodriguez would have surgery to remove the cyst and would be out 10 weeks.

In addition, a source close to the situation told ESPNdeportes.com that the surgery is scheduled for Monday in Colorado.

But Thursday afternoon, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said the three-time AL MVP will be treated conservatively in the hope of avoiding an operation. Cashman said that if surgery is needed, Rodriguez would be sidelined for four months.

New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez's brother Joe says A-Rod out 10 weeks - ESPN

Wow. If any of you believe in Karma, this may be a prime example!

I don't...because 104 players would have had more or less the same thing.

ANY PLAYER that uses the stength of his legs and hips(lower body)to generate power can have this injury.

Your learn to hit by also using your legs .....
If thats the case then EVERYONE could have this problem.

Personally, I think WAS to much is being made out of this....

Your learn to hit by also using your legs .....
If thats the case then EVERYONE could have this problem.

Personally, I think WAS to much is being made out of this....

You don't need your legs to hit...your learn to generate power from your hips and shifting of weight. Chase Utley had the same injury if not last year, it was the year before. He played with this nagging injury the entire year....and still managed to hit 40 HRs and drive in about 120 RBIs.

Interesting article by a ver well respected baseball writer, Ken Rosenthal:

Let's put to immediate rest this ridiculous notion that the Yankees will somehow be better off without Alex Rodriguez.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Rodriguez could get re-married and divorced again, simultaneously date J-Lo, Britney and Pink and admit to using steroids from the age of 5, and he still would be one of the best players in the game

The Yankees need him — badly. They can find a stopgap at third base and patch together a lineup while he misses the first part of the season. But if Rodriguez does not return from hip surgery as the A-Rod of old — or something close to it — then the team will be in trouble.

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Yankees are not better off without A-Rod

And I could NOT AGREE MORE!:up

Who ever said they would be "better off without him" ????

Probably something Rosenthal dreamt up.

Afterall, this is the same guy that accused the Red Sox of being "too white" after they won the World Series in '07. :rolleyes:

Probably something Rosenthal dreamt up.

Afterall, this is the same guy that accused the Red Sox of being "too white" after they won the World Series in '07. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but in all fairness Bill, they have been saying that about the Red Sox for a long time. This starts back from 60s when a very close family friend, Jose Tartabull use to play for the Red Sox for 3 years in the '66-'69. And that was also echoed in the 70s. That label on the Red Sox was around WAY before Rosenthal was a teenager.

Yeah, but in all fairness Bill, they have been saying that about the Red Sox for a long time. This starts back from 60s when a very close family friend, Jose Tartabull use to play for the Red Sox for 3 years in the '66-'69. And that was also echoed in the 70s. That label on the Red Sox was around WAY before Rosenthal was a teenager.

That's very true, Salsa, I won't or can't deny it. Very shameful indeed.

But that was 30 years ago, and a lot has changed in this area since then. Don't get me wrong, you still have your racist morons.....but it has gotten a LOT better.

Besides, Rosenthal accused a team that won the World Series of that. I personally wouldn't care if they were white, black, green or purple..........JUST WIN BABY!!! :D

That's very true, Salsa, I won't or can't deny it. Very shameful indeed.

But that was 30 years ago, and a lot has changed in this area since then. Don't get me wrong, you still have your racist morons.....but it has gotten a LOT better.

Besides, Rosenthal accused a team that won the World Series of that. I personally wouldn't care if they were white, black, green or purple..........JUST WIN BABY!!! :D
Things have definitely changed. It's important to note that only about 8% of Major League players are African American. Averaged by team, that's only 2 players for every 25 man roster.

Considering that a higher percentage of the Sox' roster is made up of minorities this year with Latinos and Asians, they are hardly "too white" any more....

Things have definitely changed. It's important to note that only about 8% of Major League players are African American. Averaged by team, that's only 2 players for every 25 man roster.

Considering that a higher percentage of the Sox' roster is made up of minorities this year with Latinos and Asians, they are hardly "too white" any more....

:up:up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts