A-Rod Out 10 Weeks!!!!

Ok, let's sum up the book so no one has to feed Selena the Canary...

1. A-Rod used Roids
2. A-Rod has flings with aging pop-stars.
3. A-Rod's teammates had silly nicknames for him.
4. A-Rod likes to play poker
5. A-Rod likes to fibb

The End.

Let the man move on with his life already. Last I checked he's never beaten an elderly man, child or woman. He's never shot himself, a dog or another person with a gun and he's never ran over a person while drunk.

A-Rod has never "harmed" another life, only his own reputation. He's practically a saint by most standards. Move on folks.
Salsa, is that you?? :D

What? You guys like beating a dead horse?

Forgive and forget.

ONLY because he is a Yankees and an arrogant ass....I mean if he was a Red Sox...:rolleyes: Makes it easier to hate. I mean look at Mr. Nice Guy Mark McGuire, he has NEVER had the BALLS to admit to ANYTHING. And there are plenty of OTHER players that are probably "nice guys" that have taken too. So it is easy....

Quite honestly....baseball has moved on. It's tabloid media and Yankee haters are the ones getting 'woodies' other this. In the end, he is STILL one of the greatest baseball players to ever play the game...whether you like him or not

What? You guys like beating a dead horse?

Forgive and forget.
Sorry if it offends, but I happen to feel it's relevant to discuss these new revelations about A-Rod*.

The one thing that bothers me more than the things we already knew about; the PED usage, the extra-marital stuff, or the idea that he doesn't respect Hooters' girls :D, is the pitch tipping allegation. We knew he cheated off the field, but it's incidents like that, along with others throughout his career like the following that leave me scratching my head why someone with his obvious talent and ability would feel the need to cheat on the field as well:

the "Mine!!" call against Toronto in May of '07
Arod-BlueJays.jpg

and, the "Slap" play against the Sox on October of '04:
A-Rod%20and%20Bronson%20Arroyo%20Game%206%202004%20ALCS.jpg

ONLY because he is a Yankees and an arrogant ass....I mean if he was a Red Sox...:rolleyes: Makes it easier to hate. I mean look at Mr. Nice Guy Mark McGuire, he has NEVER had the BALLS to admit to ANYTHING. And there are plenty of OTHER players that are probably "nice guys" that have taken too. So it is easy....

Quite honestly....baseball has moved on. It's tabloid media and Yankee haters are the ones getting 'woodies' other this. In the end, he is STILL one of the greatest baseball players to ever play the game...whether you like him or not

Yes he was thought of that way. However, he is now looked upon as a cheater and a liar. Not a good combination for induction into Cooperstown.

Arod only admitted to what he was caught at. And he still hasn't admitted to everything. I believe he used steroids as a Yankee and it looks like the book backs that up. He's one of the highest paid players in baseball and he negotiated his contract using his steroid stats to get that new contract. It's easy to hate someone like that. If I had someone lie to me I would question every single thing that person said in the future.

What this really hurts are the other players past and present. Look at the money they paid Arod while other players that are clean get less . Did Arod use roids all the way back to high school?

Think of it this way. If you worked at a job and you found out someone else got paid more and they lied about the Collage Degree they have would you be unhappy about it?

In my eyes Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron are still the Home Run Kings .

Last edited:
Think of it this way. If you worked at a job and you found out someone else got paid more and they lied about the Collage Degree they have would you be unhappy about it?

In my eyes Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron are still the Home Run Kings .

Bad comparison, because that person that lied about his degreee....his lack of knowledge will soon come out. Sort of apples and oranges there....

The steriods STILL didn't improve his eye hand coordination and didn't improve his glove work at short....remember until he moved to short, he was THE BEST SS in the majors.

Sorry if it offends, but I happen to feel it's relevant to discuss these new revelations about A-Rod*.

The one thing that bothers me more than the things we already knew about; the PED usage, the extra-marital stuff, or the idea that he doesn't respect Hooters' girls :D, is the pitch tipping allegation. We knew he cheated off the field, but it's incidents like that, along with others throughout his career like the following that leave me scratching my head why someone with his obvious talent and ability would feel the need to cheat on the field as well

UNTIL I hear names stating that HE actually gave signals to OPPOSING players, that is all speculation as far as I am concerned. :rolleyes:

UNTIL I hear names stating that HE actually gave signals to OPPOSING players, that is all speculation as far as I am concerned. :rolleyes:
I know that Ms. Roberts doesn't have a stellar journalistic past (i.e. Dook Lacrosse, which she apparently learned her lesson from), but as was noted here earlier, what has she been wrong about so far with A-Rod*??

I know that Ms. Roberts doesn't have a stellar journalistic past (i.e. Dook Lacrosse, which she apparently learned her lesson from), but as was noted here earlier, what has she been wrong about so far with A-Rod*??

Well, I need names on THIS new allegation that came out. I mean I have heard of tipping pitches to YOUR OWN teammates....but OPPONENTS??!! I mean think of it this way: VERY few people LIKE A-Rod, but to TRUST him enough to GIVE YOU the pitches HIS pitcher is about to pitch.... Seriously?!

The steriods STILL didn't improve his eye hand coordination and didn't improve his glove work at short....remember until he moved to short, he was THE BEST SS in the majors.
We've discussed the merits/advantages of PEDs here ad nauseum; that's beating a dead horse. Like I posted yesterday, what interests me here is the pitch tipping. With all his natural (and enhanced ;)) physical abilities, why does he feel the need to cheat on the field to gain that extra advantage??

Well, I need names on THIS new allegation that came out. I mean I have heard of tipping pitches to YOUR OWN teammates....but OPPONENTS??!! I mean think of it this way: VERY few people LIKE A-Rod, but to TRUST him enough to GIVE YOU the pitches HIS pitcher is about to pitch.... Seriously?!
Be patient, the cousin's name was revealed soon enough....

The COUSIN tipping pitches? LMAO....!! TO WHO? And how??!! Does he view through a telescope then sends morse code to A-Rod by way of ANOTHER player and then he(A-Rod) relays it to the opposing batter....You are NOW at the stage of dilusional....LOL!

We've discussed the merits/advantages of PEDs here ad nauseum; that's beating a dead horse. Like I posted yesterday, what interests me here is the pitch tipping. With all his natural (and enhanced ;)) physical abilities, why does he feel the need to cheat on the field to gain that extra advantage??

Interesting that someone ELSE mentioned something about "beating a dead horse" and you laughed it off as if he was pretending to be me....:rolleyes:

I find this "tipping opponents" allegation VERY weak. It's very hard for me to believe that.

The one thing about A-Rod that I've always heard was that he's an ultra extreme competitor. He's a fiend of the game. He puts a ton of work in practice. It's just hard for me to think someone as competitive as A-Rod would give the opposing team an advantage like that.

I find this "tipping opponents" allegation VERY weak. It's very hard for me to believe that.

The one thing about A-Rod that I've always heard was that he's an ultra extreme competitor. He's a fiend of the game. He puts a ton of work in practice. It's just hard for me to think someone as competitive as A-Rod would give the opposing team an advantage like that.

And on TOP OF THAT...the oppossing player has to trust him enough to accept this.....and no one, from what I seen, read and heard like him enough to trust him.

The COUSIN tipping pitches? LMAO....!! TO WHO? And how??!! Does he view through a telescope then sends morse code to A-Rod by way of ANOTHER player and then he(A-Rod) relays it to the opposing batter....You are NOW at the stage of dilusional....LOL!
:confused: Wow. C'mon Salsa, maybe you should re-take Reading Comprehension 101:

You said:

Well, I need names on THIS new allegation that came out.

I said:

pretty obviously I thought referring to the prior news conference where journalistic vultures picked up the story on the unnamed cousin and named him within 24 hours.

Don't you think the same thing will happen here??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)