A sad day today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
my 360 launch day console died, just get open tray error whole time wont read discs.

It was working fine last night as a buudy and iplayed about 4 madden 2010 games online last night

called microsoft and they were adiment that 100 dollar to fix, that didnt sit right with me they(microsoft) knows the 360 is junk otherwise there would have been 5+ redisigns

so it looks like ill take my broken 360 and old unplayed games to gamestop and hopefully pickup 360 with hdmi for bout 80 dollars said and done

CE products fail, and all consoles have gone through redesigns, you've surely gotten your money's worth and this isn't a RROD failure... I'd be upset, sure, but I'd also understand MS's position.

everybody elses launch day 360's died right away never had rrod or any problems with this console till this morning

with such high failure rates microsoft should offer every 360 owner 1 complimentary repair.

The problem is there's quite a few people with disc drive issues. Not as bas as RROD, but I'll bet the disc drive failure rate is high as well. $100 to fix! That's absurd! You can grab a new arcade model for $199. I've seen them for less, if you search around. Maybe try this? Not sure how much a dvd drive costs. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hdC2kx4-Y"]YouTube- replacing xbox 360 disc drive without flashing[/ame].

The problem is there's quite a few people with disc drive issues. Not as bas as RROD, but I'll bet the disc drive failure rate is high as well. $100 to fix! That's absurd! You can grab a new arcade model for $199. I've seen them for less, if you search around.
yup im going to trade broken 360 and used games to gamestop and hopefully get 360 with hdmi for round 80 dollars

The problem is there's quite a few people with disc drive issues. Not as bas as RROD, but I'll bet the disc drive failure rate is high as well. $100 to fix! That's absurd! You can grab a new arcade model for $199. I've seen them for less, if you search around.

This should be your solution..... Buy an arcade model, transfer your purchases over to the new one, and attach the hard drive so your save games and downloaded content will follow (you'll have to be connected to an internet line to reverify all your video keys, but it will eventually be as good as new.)

Plus, you will gain an HDMI jack that you didn't have on the launch day console which may or may not be useful to you, and you should be able to get one of the newer models that have the cooler units (make sure you check all the dates and grab the newest manufacture date from the pile that are there.)

And for this item I WOULD buy the extended warranty just to be safe.

One of my co-workers had his dvd drive replaced on an Arcade model. Unit was less than a yr old, so was still under warranty. Seems like units with 60 or 120GB disks are having less issues with dvd drives. More room to install the game to the HDD which means the disc drive isn't always spinning at top speed.

i gave the console in ? to a friend awhile ago
ive seen the youtube fixit videos but dont want to try them. seems my best bet is gamestop trade in

so im pretty sure my buddy is going to gamestop tonight or in next few days to trade up to a working system

Gamestop most likely won't take a broken 360 as trade.

I have the same error. My dvd drive works maybe 10% of the time. What I do is leave the machine on for about 10minuets. Then I open and close the dvd drive a few times then it works. Good Luck

Just call Microsoft and tell them you have RROD. That is what we did when we had drive errors with our launch console, and they repaired it for free. I think once they get the console back, they don't test it, but just replace the board, the drive, etc.

The only thing is that I don't know if you are already in their system with calling for a drive error, but you have nothing to lose by trying. Almost like CSR Roulette!

hmm, ill have to try that sometime provided i come across another messed up console.
Ended up being a gamestop trade in for factory refurb.
thanks for suggestions they may come in handy.

The 360 has very high failure rates with RROD, and the DVD drive.
What kind of warranty did you get with it. Hopefully full 3 years against the RROD, and at least 1 year on the drive.

The 360 has very high failure rates with RROD, and the DVD drive.
What kind of warranty did you get with it. Hopefully full 3 years against the RROD, and at least 1 year on the drive.
i think he got both of those plus squaretrade 2 year warranty. its my buddys system was my launch console that i gave him almost 2 years ago he took it to gamestop and traded in on a hdmi refurb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)