A Snowbird's Newbie Questions

Cali Snowbird

Original poster
May 12, 2008
I am a Canadian with a Bell Expressvu subscription in Canada. I would like to bring a receiver with me to California each winter, specifically, the Palm Desert area (Why? Hockey Nights in Canada and Oilers games). I am only interested in SD so HD availability is irrelevant.

1. Can I use Dish LNB and dish and aim it at 82/91? What size dish do I need for this area?
2. If I don't need HD, do I need 82 at all? Can I even get anyting from 82 in the Palm Desert area? Based on the last signal strength reports, it would appear that 82 is not available that far south.
3. If I dont want to do it myself, how can I find a Bell installer in the area?
4. How do I find out what channels I "CAN" get and what I can't? i.e. which channels are on 91 and which are on 82.

I am using a 24" dish in Rancho Mirage with a standard DBS LNB and all channels from 91 come in fine; there is absolutely no signal here from 82. If you are only interested in SD then you will be fine with just receiving 91. PM me if you want someone to install a dish for you.

Rick

Mac in Indio

I am using a 24" dish in Rancho Mirage with a standard DBS LNB and all channels from 91 come in fine; there is absolutely no signal here from 82. If you are only interested in SD then you will be fine with just receiving 91. PM me if you want someone to install a dish for you.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I will be travelling to Indio from Canada and would like to set up my dish for a couple of months. Do you know of someone who can help with the install?

Thanks, Mac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)