A very sad day for me

AlaJoe said:
Hey Dodge
i am not mocking you or berg in any way, hey everyone has there hobbies. I am just trying to get it. I am just tring to understand what you could posibly need this for. I watch a lot of TV but this seems like overkill.
I'm not speaking for Berg or Dodge, but I think it like the SETI syndrome - not much out there but ready and waiting for when it is.

Big Bob said:
HA also let YOU tell your neighbors what THEY can or can't do.

That is a nice thing when your neighbor wants to do things that will seriously effect your property value (Read, cost you a bunch of money) like storing old applicancies in the front yard, letting their yard grow tall enough to bail, fill the street with broken-down motorhome and boats.....

-edit for spelling

hell the HOAs in parts of west virginia REQUIRE some of these things :yes

but you forgot to mention the deer(s) hanging from the tree(s) and the cars with no tires sitting on blocks...LOL

AlaJoe said:
Icebeg
I am just curious of a few things after seeing your dish set up on your roof.
What in the world do you need that many dishes to get. I have one dish and as far as I know I can get all dish offers aside from maybe some new Voom stuff.
What are you spending a month for TV service?
How much TV can you watch? I have the top 120 but if I could buy AlaCarte I would likely only have about 30 channels and with that be able to see all the TV I have time to watch.

Starting from the left

-That was a dish for 61.5, then for 148…now its down
-second dish was aimed at Galxy 10 for free to air reception (see the FTA section for more info)
-third dish is Dish500…all I have are locals & WPIX
-fourth dish (second from right) is StarChoice (Canadian TV provider)
-far right is a motorized FTA dish

One on the deck is aimed at Galaxy 3C for hockey games (North Dakota has their home games on satellite..)

What do I pay??
0 for FTA (sans equipment)
$12 for locals & WPIX (including 5 dollar fee for not having AT60)
$20 for SC (after conversion)…it’s the basic package

How much can I watch?
L O T S :D
SC is mainly for the CBC….Dish is for locals at the cabin. We take it from cabin to my house and back.

FTA…well, you never know what you will see ;)

A neighborhood that allows dogs and kids but threaten by antennas, well that's what you get when you live with the Amish.

I believe I read a post somewhere that you can file a complaint with the FCC by showing them a copy of the bylaws restricting satellite dishes, and they will issue a summary judgement in your favor--preempting any action by the HOA.

You could then have this judgement in hand when you approach the HOA board...

I'm not reading this whole thread, but in case it hasn't been mentioned, you can buy covers for dishes that look like rocks and install them in a yard or on a porch. They'll never know the difference.

My neighborhood has a board of directors and also has 'restrictions and covenants' recorded at the courhouse. The elected supervisor of the county's district also lives in the neighborhood. The new board tried to enforce the satellite dish restriction (that was written in the 80s) against those wiht either Dish or Direct. At the last neightborhood meeting, I provided everyone with a copy of the federal rules. The board and the supervisor continiue to push the restriction, until I told them, they can play it out in federal district court; they then backed and revised their enforcement to the old large satellite dishes of which there are none.

If your house is being custom built why don't you have your builder build you a fake wall or ledge so the dish can't be seen from the ground. Also you could but the dish on the roof where it can't be seen or paint it the same color as the house. But I would not give in on this issue when you have federal law on your side. Also have you ever thought that HOA may be getting $$$ from the cable company because a lot of them do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts