A way to transfer photos from an SD card to a hard drive w/o computer

I use an Eye-Fi card. Transfers to the iPad very well, though it sounds like you need more space for a redundancy of backup and the high volume of photos you anticipate.

Since I brought the laptop the hdd was really not necessary for the trip, but I did backup most of my photos to it.

Processing photos today. Over 6,000 were taken. I am so glad I had my actual laptop - and even more so given that I wrote long blogs almost every day. BUT that said, the process of thinking through technology issues before-hand was worthwhile.

Well with the wireless private network that it includes and your need to conveniently back up images on the go, all while traveling abroad, this seems to be a good idea.

Well with the wireless private network that it includes and your need to conveniently back up images on the go, all while traveling abroad, this seems to be a good idea.

If I was taking a small amount of photos this would have been a decent solution, but with taking close to 6,000 photos in 2 weeks, it was not at all an efficient solution. Nor would have using any tablet scenario. The laptop proved to be the most efficient and effective way of grappling with what is a 50GB photo library from this trip.

Cheers!

I got a Samsung galexy 4g camera. All pictures are automatically uploaded to drop box a few minutes after they are taken.

Does wonders taking photos to sell still on ebay

That makes sense for that situation, but this thread was about transferring photos from a SD card (e.g., photos taken on a DSLR) while abroad, without a laptop available. The tool I bought was functional for small amounts of photos, but not really efficient for large scale photography, and in the end, I opted to take my laptop with me. Plus, given the blogging I did when I was gone, I am glad I had the full keyboard, and not just a iPad keyboard.

I am still glad I have the WD Wireless drive with the built in SD card reader. It has its uses for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts