A week with iPhone X’s Max and Watch 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You’re deliberately forcing me to use Chrome on my iPhone, aren’t you?!!!
;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I go to Chrome and this thread does not appear n recent threads. That is why I don’t use Chrome on my iPhone.

You’re deliberately forcing me to use Chrome on my iPhone, aren’t you?!!!
;)

I'm not forcing you to do anything. You have been complaining about not seeing this and not seeing that for months and several of us have told you what. the reason is. I have also told you how easy it is to just access satelliteguys with Chrome and set a bookmark and then you can resolve all your problems not seeing stuff that is posted. I have no problem with apps but the one you use is crippled. Wake me up when they fix it.

adblockers, I cant see anything unless I turn the ad blocker off then the amazon links appear. I don't have a problem seeing the thread though.

Yes, that is a problem. I do not shut off ads because on the internet, I want to see those references and find targeted ads useful. That is always a personal issue and easy enough to resolve if interested. Have you tried to use "shortcuts" to toggle adblocker on and off? Might be an easy way to see them when you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu1991
Yes, that is a problem. I do not shut off ads because on the internet, I want to see those references and fund targeted ads useful. That is always a personal issue and easy enough to resolve if interested. Have you tried to use "shortcuts" to toggle adblocker on and off? Might be an easy way to see them when you want.

I use tapatalk on my moto and iphone / ipad, If something is interesting enough or that I can help with, then I'll open it in a browser and turn the adblocker or tracking off.

Reactions: TheForce
If you're a supporter there is absolutely no need to run your adblocker on satelliteguys as you will see no ads.

And I’m saying in Chrome on my iPhone this thread did not show up in Recent Posts. I had to go to the forum to see it.

This has happened before, and is why I don’t use Chrome. This is worse than the Reader App. Missing entire posts of interest is a killer.

Recent Posts????
I just click on new posts and any unignored thread with new posts shows in the listing.

I am seeing a bug in the AW4 watch face with a date complication:
IMG_0031 (1).PNG

I grabbed this this morning to document the date. Then I touched the Wed 3 and brought up the calendar for the month and got this:
IMG_0032 (1).PNG

I checked a few other watch faces with date complication:
IMG_0033 (1).PNG
IMG_0034 (1).PNG

When I returned to the first one it then updated to THU 4

All this week I noticed the error on that one watch face and I just waited and it finally updated later in the morning. The others all update at midnight as they should.

Anyone know of a way to report a bug to Apple? Note: I am still on wOS 5.0 so maybe I need to do the update before reporting this in case they already fixed it.

iOS update fixed the bug in the date. Just updated tonight. I'll be sure after midnight Saturday but so far so good! Thanks for the link.

There were other reports that the update screwed up the exercise minutes credits. I'll be verifying that as well. Hope that is not true since I finally got it to work right on my treadmill. Next is to get it to work for weight training.

Reactions: Foxbat
Workout report after update to 5.01

For a week under 5.00 my treadmill was accurately recording workout time in activity that matches actual time in the workout and on my watch.
Weight lifting gave zero credit and assumed this was just not working.

Last night I updated to 5.01
I also checked out the weightlifting exercise and after doing 100 reps with 10lb dumbbells 5 times, I was given credit for 6 minutes on the green ring. I have no problem with that. Seems that was fixed.

Treadmill walk for 23 minutes at 2.5mph heart rate 105-109 resulted in zero credit on the activity green ring now. Arm was swinging which gave the most accurate recording before 5.01.
I decided to test outdoor walk which has been reported to be completely inaccurate now with 5.01 update. I walked for 0.6 mile in 15 minutes and was given credit for 15 minutes on the green ring. I maintained my same heart rate and pace as on the treadmill.

Roland- I submitted a bug report using your link. Got this response:

Thank you for your feedback on Apple Watch.
We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the Apple Watch Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving Apple Watch, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making Apple Watch great.

Apple Watch Team
Apple

Tried another experiment- Did 6 minutes of treadmill with workout set to "mix cardio" under "other" and got credit for 10 minutes of green ring activity. Go figure! I did beef up my intensity to 3.5mph however.

I must say this stuff is so confusing to get a handle on it. I can't imagine the fanatics who use Garmin, Fitbit, and Apple watch. They must have no idea what is accurate. LOL!

I must note that at our RV, where my 6+ got one bar for T-Mobile, I get three on my Xs Max. Nice. Downloads and surfing work much better.

Roland- I submitted a bug report using your link. Got this response:

Thank you for your feedback on Apple Watch.
We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the Apple Watch Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving Apple Watch, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making Apple Watch great.

Apple Watch Team
Apple
Hmmm, something tells me if you submit a report on the iPhone you'll get back:

Thank you for your feedback on Apple iPhone.
We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the Apple iPhone Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving Apple iPhone, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making Apple iPhone great.

Apple iPhone Team
Apple
:)