AAA and referral bonus?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chwtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Can I get the AAA discount AND a referral discount?

I have a AAA membership, and I see how to get that discount. How would I add a referral discount on top of that? Is it possible?

Do the AAA discount by calling the special AAA number. The next day call the regular DirecTv number and tell them you forgot about the referral offer. It worked for me.

You can get both discounts. As mentioned already, sign up for DTV with AAA discount and then call up and tell them you forgot to give customer referral. Good luck!

tried two times at the regular dtv number and was denied with the story about not being able to get both the AAA and the referral. called again to the dedicated referral number and they took it no questions.

Ok, gonna give this a try tomorrow. Just want to make sure that this is the best way to do it. Will call AAA first, and then call Dtv number unless anyone else has another suggestion that has worked for them.

tried two times at the regular dtv number and was denied with the story about not being able to get both the AAA and the referral. called again to the dedicated referral number and they took it no questions.

Thats why they have a separate number listed for the Referral number.

I am glad i found this thread. I am considering dropping dish to try to save some money, and i really like directv's new customer deal. This will be very very helpful

I called the AAA line and placed my order, waited overnight, and have called the referral line 800-507-4045 five times so far. Each time Directv has said that I cannot have both AAA and referral discounts - it is one or the other but not both. I will try again a few more times today (my install is tomorrow). If anyone knows the secret sauce to getting both AAA and referral (other than dumb luck on who answers the referral call) I would love to hear it. EJ

Just got my seventh and final no from Directv in the Dominican Republic. I have read elsewhere that after getting many no's from the referral line the next step is to threaten to cancel the installation and ask for a supervisor on the assumption that Directv wants a new subscriber more than $200. I am unwilling to be that unpleasant so I will give up trying to stack the AAA and referral Directv discounts.

Ok, gonna give this a try tomorrow. Just want to make sure that this is the best way to do it. Will call AAA first, and then call Dtv number unless anyone else has another suggestion that has worked for them.
Congrats mrpither and Good Luck to you Mikebb on getting it :)

And on the ninth try, I got it. I did not change anything I did except to maybe rush the rep a little. It still feels like it is blind luck whether you get a rep that will stack the referral RAF discount with the AAA discount. And then, after all that, and making the installer go back into "the warehouse" to get me an HR-24, the Directv satellites are not visible from my forest home :-(. No Directv for me.

ejerommel said:
And on the ninth try, I got it. I did not change anything I did except to maybe rush the rep a little. It still feels like it is blind luck whether you get a rep that will stack the referral RAF discount with the AAA discount. And then, after all that, and making the installer go back into "the warehouse" to get me an HR-24, the Directv satellites are not visible from my forest home :-(. No Directv for me.

Sorry for the bad news. You must have trees all around not to be able to get any

Sorry to hear that

Did you happen to look around "Locally" to see if any independent retailers install D* yet ?

Did you happen to look around "Locally" to see if any independent retailers install D* yet ?

Not yet. I am still waiting for the reputed contact from the Directv supervisor to appraise me of my status and options. If I do not hear anything in the next few weeks I will seek a local independent installer who does Directv. I appreciate the tip...ej

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)