AAD Distant Question

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I recently switched from Dish to Directv after 15 years (wish I hadn't by the way). For several years I had distant networks from All American Direct (AAD). I kind of miss my Distant Networks and have a question: If I can get a used Dish Network receiver, could I obtain the Distant Networks from AAD once again without subscribing to any Dish programming? I am sure I can get a Dish up that sees the 119 satellite that AAD uses.

Depending on where you live, you may qualify for AAD. Is there a reason you wish you hadn't switched? I can address any concerns you have regarding our service.

Note: You need the smart card number if you plan on calling AAD

With Dish I had two 722's and our family loved them! The new Directv Genie system looked great, the pricing deals were unreal, and I could bundle with my phone and internet bill. In reality, we hate Directv's program guide and layout. Dish was so crisp and clean - easy to use! With Dish, I got Distant Nets from AAD so I could watch New York Jets football games. Directv offered FREE Sunday ticket, so I could get all the Jets game in HD for free this season. We will go back to Dish after the deals and the ETF goes away -- but that's a ways off now.

According to AAD web site you can[/QU
isn`t it necessary to activate the receiver first and doesn`t it require a dish subscription for AAD enrollment??
I would be interested if I could get the distants without a dish contrsct

If you have waivers from your local TV stations, you should still have them. I have switched from DirecTV back to Dish and had the waivers till for CBS and Fox. Now, instead of NYC stations, I have San Francisco stations. Getting them is a bear. But once you have them, you have them forever. Start with your local station engineer (whoever you think you have waivers from). AAD will accept these. AAD might even grant you these stations based on your record with them for the other provider. Go for it.

None of that is what has been the norm or posted over the years, but hey, the OP can go for it.

If you have waivers from your local TV stations, you should still have them. I have switched from DirecTV back to Dish and had the waivers till for CBS and Fox. Now, instead of NYC stations, I have San Francisco stations. Getting them is a bear. But once you have them, you have them forever. Start with your local station engineer (whoever you think you have waivers from). AAD will accept these. AAD might even grant you these stations based on your record with them for the other provider. Go for it.

I agree call ADD and see if they will honor your previous account with them

Is there an answer to this discussion?
I am thinking of dropping my minimal DISH Sub., returning the dish rec. (I currently get 3 SF channels from AAD) and picking up a used Dish Rec. with smart card.
Wondering if I will still be able to receive the SF feeds, of course I'd give them the new smart card nos.
Thanks!

I can't give a definitive answer, I have not seen a post I can remember of someone who did it. However I do believe you will get AAD with no subscription to DISH. (I get AAD)

Also, you must live in the wrong side of the State......

I recently switched from Dish to Directv after 15 years (wish I hadn't by the way). For several years I had distant networks from All American Direct (AAD). I kind of miss my Distant Networks and have a question: If I can get a used Dish Network receiver, could I obtain the Distant Networks from AAD once again without subscribing to any Dish programming? I am sure I can get a Dish up that sees the 119 satellite that AAD uses.
I thought you could get either West or East Coast locals in HD from DirecTV?

DISH locals from AAD are only SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)