ABC cancels 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live'

I just don't see the online versions retaining their higly compensated stars and I don't see them making any money. I could be wrong, but the online version will be in name only. We shall see.

Hard to say. These are soap stars and there are very few soaps left to go to.

Some have tried and failed at mainstream. Who can forget that classic "Mafia Princess" (Susan Lucci) or that cinema masterpiece "Date With an Angel" (Michael Knight)? I won't even bring up "Hexed" because that would just be sadistic :devil:

So lets see if all of the people who wanted the shows to stay on the air watch it online. I say no. Just like the Conan fans that didn't follow Conan to TBS

Hard to say. These are soap stars and there are very few soaps left to go to.

Some have tried and failed at mainstream. Who can forget that classic "Mafia Princess" (Susan Lucci) or that cinema masterpiece "Date With an Angel" (Michael Knight)? I won't even bring up "Hexed" because that would just be sadistic :devil:

As I understand it, a number of regulars quit because they didn't want to relocate to LA when the studio moved the operation. Perhaps they'll make a return because I haven't seen them doing anything else.

IF the big stars that play Erica on AMC and Vickie on One Life to Live don't go to web , there will be NO soap to watch. They have both carried those two shows for over 40 years.

I see many of the old regulars are making a return to the show (including the ones we thought were dead) for the remaining weeks. I wonder if Adam Chandler will make a brief return?

From what I read HE will come back towards the end along with Joe and Ruth. Other favorites coming back : Janet from another planet, Marion, Crazie Annie , Maria Santos, Zach the dead husband of Kindle and of course Long dead Dixie , Tad's favorite wife.

Personally I could do without Susan lucci. I'm tired of the way they dress her and her creepy arms and neck. Now it is obvious she has had too many Botox around the lips. Her upper lip area doesn't move.
Come on don't you want to watch her 64 year old body in those teenage dresses? I agree that she is way too old to show all that skin. Her tv daughters show less skin and they are supposed to be in their 20's.

Not only are they bringing back former characters that were "assumed" to be dead, David is now digging-up their rotting corpses and magically breathing life back into them. Priceless! Now, I would really be impressed if they managed to bring back Myrtle Fargate and Palmer Cortlandt. ;)

From what I read HE will come back towards the end along with Joe and Ruth. Other favorites coming back : Janet from another planet, Marion, Crazie Annie , Maria Santos, Zach the dead husband of Kindle and of course Long dead Dixie , Tad's favorite wife.

I've always loved Janet...never understood why she wasn't "let loose" move often. :)

Every time she got out in the past she blew something up. Remember the Crystal Ball that blew up with Amanda , her own daughter in it? She also killed Uncle Trevor or "Pork chop" as Halie used to call him, and even put him in the deep freeze . The bad part , she actually loved him and was married to her.

Every time she got out in the past she blew something up. Remember the Crystal Ball that blew up with Amanda , her own daughter in it? She also killed Uncle Trevor or "Pork chop" as Halie used to call him, and even put him in the deep freeze . The bad part , she actually loved him and was married to her.

Janet just wanted Trevor to "chill out" and not put her back in Oak Haven - so she put him on ice. Gotta love irrationally thinking people (i.e., women) :)

Well All My Children finished it's finale last Friday (9/23/11) with a party at the Chandler Mansion . Stuart comes back from the dead ,thanks to Orpheus and David Hayward. Jr. makes a complete A-hole out of himself and hides in the secrete tunnels in the mansion and waits till everyone is gathered and happy and saying their final toasts. Then springs out and shoot randomly into the crowd. The highlight was Jack and Erica having it out and Jack saying to Erica at the end -in Rhett Butler fashion in Gone With the Wind: "Frankly Erica, I don't care what you need!" and walks out of the room and Erica's life forever. I guess after 24 years, endless string of men and or husbands, a marriage and divorce , Jack got tired of being second best in Erica's life. There was always something more important than marrying him- this time a Hollywood film about her life.

If Susan Lucci decides to go to the new web series ,there might be a chance the show will live on . But the big if is money. She wants more than what they were paying her at ABC. The Prospect Park show producers have decided to concentrate on One Life to Live since many of the main actors ,like Vicki (Erica Slezak) have been signed for the web series. I personally think they need to let All My Children go. After 41 years it has become very boring ,up till this last month and they did wrap up most of the stories that mattered . So I say cancel it and just work to make One Life to Live the Best it can be .

Last edited:
While many are upset that it was cancelled on ABC they should have supported it by watching it. My wife had taped many of the old shows . Of course I just wanted the commercials from the old days. Still, it's interesting to go back and watch the early 80's stuff. I've always enjoyed the Thanksgiving and Christmas shows of any Soap Opera.

Some of my best memories where from my 20s when I used to rush home at lunch from work, with my buddy to watch "Tad the Cad" work his magic on the women of Pine Valley ,as the shampoo boy at Opal's Glamorama. I also loved General Hospital back then too , when Luke and Laura saved the World from Michos Cassedine and his Freeze Ray. When I lived in Houston for a year back in 91 , I would watch the two soaps and it would feel just like I was home again. Granted, I was 95 miles from my real home ,but the two soaps full of characters I had watched since the late 70s, were like my extended family. I will miss AMC and OLT ,but if they move them to the web and expect me to pay to watch them , I will have to say goodbye to both. I am hoping that they will also move them to a cable channel too. I have no interest in watching on the internet.

Well, I watched some of The Chew and it was pretty blah. I mean it was nothing I couldnt see on The Food Network. I really dont feel bad for the people Mario Batali, Daphne Oz etc., they seem pretty nice. The people who you have to blame are Brian Frons and the rest of ABC Daytime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts