ABC cancels 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well I guess that is the end for both shows I've watched since the late 70s. Now they can wrap up ALL the story lines on One Life to Live and end it properly. Too bad they couldn't do the same on All My Children. They purposely left it with a cliff hanger, just so they could go to the web and continue it. Ironic that we will never know "who J.R. shot" in the 2011 cliff hanger. Unlike Dallas where we found out "Who shot J.R." back in 1981.

Looks like they can't wrap up all the story lines after all, because they had already shot them before the announcement came , that they won't be taking OLTL to the internet after all. So we will be left hanging on some of the characters outcomes ,just like AMC did in September. Funny I haven't really missed AMC since it has been gone. The show was never the same after they moved it to L.A. for hd filming two years ago. The story lines and the characters where just going through the motions. In the end it was almost like a mercy killing when they ended. But OLTL was always pretty good , so that show will be missed. No matter where I was in the country , I could turn on OLTL and it was like being home.

I agree. I haven't missed AMC at all. I have been enjoying OLTL and the sense of humor it shows. I had totally forgotten about Megan and Fraternity Row until the recent storyline about it being cancelled. :)

I agree. I haven't missed AMC at all. I have been enjoying OLTL and the sense of humor it shows. I had totally forgotten about Megan and Fraternity Row until the recent storyline about it being cancelled. :)

This show definitely has a sense of humor built in to each episode. That is why I love it so much more than AMC. Even Viki and all her alters had a funny sense of humor built in . Niki was a hoot and even Jean could have her sarcastic moments. David Vickers is the funniest guy on the show. But I do miss Dorian and her over the top sense of self importance. I just wish that they could tie up all the lose ends and give us a happy ending. But I guess we will have to settle for what we get.

If you think about it, the show was always about Viki and Dorian and their rivalry-love /hate relationship. The lesser characters were just back drops to their story. The younger people never did catch on like Viki or Dorian. So when Dorian left and Viki getting older , the show wouldn't of lasted much longer any way. The Buchanan story line had petered out ,since Asa died & Rene gone off to where again? Clint on house arrest with Viki and Bo losing his police commissioner job, there wasn't much left for them to do now but marry off and be happy.

Either way I will miss this show ,but like Viki said after her breast cancer surgery: "I'll survive."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)