ABC HD in Charlottesville

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

leerlap

Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Hi all - I recently upgraded to dish's hopper system (few weeks ago), and ever since, I've been unable to pull in ABC HD OTA (have an attic antennae). I'm able to pull in all the other local HD channels (Charlottesville, VA). Anybody have any idea why this might be? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Can you get it directly attached to the TV? If you can't, you won't through the HOPPER either.

Thanks, all, for the quick responses. I was able to get it just fine a few weeks ago prior to the hopper (i had a 722). I haven't tried plugging directly into the tv, but I can. Regardless, though, is there some way to, i suppose, boost the signal so i can get it through hopper? Thanks.

The method totally depends on if you are getting it when directly to the TV. It might be you need an outside booster, maybe just a distribution booster. Maybe turn the antenna a little. It might even be a problem with their antenna/power.

Last edited:
Yes, go to Radio Shack and ask for an in line signal amplifier. I have a roof top antenna and have an in line amplifier. Withe amplifier and a rotor, I can receive channels from stations (Syracuse, NY) with towers about 60 miles away as well as my locals (Rochester, NY) which are about 20 miles away.

Which ABC? Lynchburg? Richmond? Harrisonburg? If it is channel 13...PM me and I will help..that channel gets FM interference bad. Do you still have the 722?

Hi all - I recently upgraded to dish's hopper system (few weeks ago), and ever since, I've been unable to pull in ABC HD OTA (have an attic antennae). I'm able to pull in all the other local HD channels (Charlottesville, VA). Anybody have any idea why this might be? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have trouble with 16 ABC as well on my indoor antenna into my TV. My 8 bay antenna outside pulls in in without a problem to my hopper w/sling but it is the lowest signal strength of all the Charlottesville locals.

That channel is so weak that my friend in Orange county doesn't get it at all! 29 is full power....I didn't even know that 16 existed.

Connect the 722 and read the signal strength for that channel...my guess is that a 10 dB amp at the antenna will fix.the issue.

Thanks All. Yes, this is ABC 16. I suppose what has confused me the most is that we were pulling it in fine with the 722 (which we no longer have) but now not with the hopper. Would this difference be due to poorer quality OTA module (the usb one) that we can get for the hopper compared to the one that inserted into the 722? And, if so, would an amplifier help? Thanks again!

As I and as others have alluded to, try it directly to your TV first, before you do anything else. If you don't then get it, it isn't the module. For no money try simply turning the antenna a little towards the tower. You don't even know if you are getting any signal at all from the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)