ABC-HD: NHL Hockey : Tampa Bay Lightning vs Calgary Flames Game 7 8PM EST

Sean,

it seems my email to my local abc station worked, well at least somewhat. The audio is still lacking. It says circle surround 5.1, but still its not where it should be. It's not in HD where your at????

That's what there saying at avs, pretty funny when the main station WABC doesn't even flip the switch...

Here's the main number: 1.212.456.3100

I got to the main operator and all she could do was to put me through a voice mail. What a joke I though you could always get someone for these problems?

I also sent an email to : eyewitness.news@abc.com in case someone picks it up and pass it to the correct person.

So if you are in NYC, you want to make as much noise as possible to see if it reaches somebody.

Sorry to be somewhat off topic, but how many hockey games does HDNet broadcast throughout the regular season? And is your local team blacked out? BTW, I am watching these Cal vs TB games on SD ABC here in Sacramento, and the audio is horrible in Cal..... maybe due to the extreme fan noise

Dan,

welcome. I do not the exact number of games but I guess it will be more like 50. Yes your local team gets blacked out.

BTW, 2nd period is in HD now in NYC...

If I am not mistaken, there were NHL games every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday night. Don't quote me on the exact days, but normally there were at least 3 games per week. My local team, (favorite team Columbus Bluejackets) was available on both Fox Sports net and HDNET when it was broadcast in HD. In other words, HDNET broadcasts a crap load during the regular season. About 50 or so I believe.

Yes Sean...Im not receiving the game in HD either. ABC strikes out on this one, the whole first period without hd. I guess this is a NY problem? Who knows. I read that last week when ESPN had the finals on , it was the 19th most watched show on cable tv. An episode of THe Cosby Show actually was above the NHL finals. Nobody's watching.

vinnyv07 said:
Yes Sean...Im not receiving the game in HD either. ABC strikes out on this one. I guess this is a NY problem? Who knows. I read that last week when ESPN had the finals on , it was the 19th most watched show on cable tv. An episode of THe Cosby Show actually was above the NHL finals. Nobody's watching.

They flipped the switch after 2nd half...

Awesome.......thanks guys! I just pre-ordered my 811 receiver. They're telling me possibly 6 weeks or so until it's in. No biggie I guess, it'll be here in time for next hockey season (assuming there is a next season :) )!!!!!!

Are the HDNet broadcasts just rebroadcasts of Fox Sports Net feeds in HD, or are they ESPN feeds (doesn't make sense with ESPN HD available - unless they're ESPN2 non-HD games), or some no-name announcers that travel the country doing hockey broadcasts?

Impatiently awaiting my HD receiver,
Dan

HDNET has their own uplink trucks for their broadcasts. ESPN and Fox SPorts net have their own as well. I take it that you haven't seen the quality of HDNET's hockey coverage?? You will be AMAZED! True HD picture quality. 1080i unlike ESPN-HD's 720p. ESPN-HD is nice, but HDNET has better camera angles and picture quality is unreal!! You will not be dissappointed. Hope you get your receiver soon! They told me 6 weeks and it was only 3 weeks if that before it was sitting in my living room.

Three Weeks!!!!????? Wow, now you're gettin me all excited :) lol. Who are the announcers for the HDNet hockey games?

Dont get me wrong ...HDNET has top picture quality when it comes to broacasting hockey or anything else for that matter. The next time you watch a hockey game on HDNET notice how far their cameras are away from the action. They are FAR. ABC's coverage has way more cameras and some get really up close. But ABC's picture quality cant compare with HDNET's, but if you give me a choice ...I would rather watch the game on ABC. HDNET's cameras seem miles away.

HDNET is great, but I have to say, their game commentators are horrible! Jack Edwards is by far the worst game commentator I have ever heard. He talks about the actual game in progress MAYBE 20 minutes the entire game. They always get off on tangents outside the game. The camera angles are fine with me with the exception of the cameras do seem farther away from the action. Occasionally they will have on ice cameras by the boards. However, I will say the picture quality on HDNET is absolutely stunning! If ABC would get their act together and broadcast it in true 5.1 DD it would be outstanding. I talked with my local station concerning the non-5.1DD sound and he tells me since they were in Canada, they most likely 90% sure that they had to use some form of telephone or other means other than satellite transmission of the audio. Hopefully tonight in Tampa Bay they will use true 5.1DD. Can't wait to see and HEAR the game in its true form tonight.

HDNet is a Loooong way off the ice for sure, that always bothered me. I like the games on ESPN-HD better, but I do not get ABC so I'll be SD'ing the game tonight, which is worse than HDNet as you might imagine.

With Gary Betteman running off at the mouth I doubt there will be a season next year. Some are forcasting the the death of the NHL as a "major" sport if there is a lockout. That will last until Detroit & Toronto meet for the cup then the ratings will be through the roof. I am an AVS fan just for the record. I'll watch one way or the other but the NHL needs to loosen the blackout rules, I could care less who "owns" the game, if it is in HD I want to see it in HD, not on a local channel. Have not missed a Bronco game in 20 years due to blackout, though there are many I wish I had!!!!

Blackouts STINK!!!! Share the feed you LOSERS!

Tonights game should be an all out war!!!!! I cant wait! Last time in tampa I expected the benches to clear. IF tampa gets way ahead again, the flames will start punching. Tampa needs to resist the urge for a bench clearing brawl if that happens. Hopefully the lightening can go up 3-2.

dang already down by 1 :( Picture looks good tonight, The board cams look a little better than the ones in Calgary. I think the dreaded sky cam is not in Tampa either :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)