ABC NewsOne Live Channels Leaving Satellite

kofi123

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
Minnesota
ABC just sent out a notice to stations letting them know that the 4-channel mux of live news channels on 91W Ku is being discontinued on August 28, 2019. After that date, stations will receive the live channels over the internet using TVU Grid technology.

For the general public, ABC has run a live channel news service for several years at ABC News Live Video. Many of the same news feeds that show up on the satellite mux are also broadcast through this service.

Reactions: spongella
Hi All,

Just a thought here....does anyone think that in addition to a cost savings, ABC is also doing this to offset any future issues with the allocation of the C Band spectrum ?
Will other networks follow ?

John

A thread on this subject on another forum indicated that ABC plans to shut down their actual network feeds too in the not too distant future and switch those over to strictly IP as well.

This is a shame.
I will miss:
The LA police car chases.
LA structure fire videos.
The forest fire coverage.
The yellow jacket coverage from France.
European election reports. I love it when they put a camera at a voting location and just let the audio and video run (for hours) with no commenting.
Hurricane video reporting. (Sometimes it could be really stupid!)
The fact that you never know what will turn up next.
THIS is what C-band was like (x1000) in the 1980s and 1990s!

This is a shame.
I will miss:
The LA police car chases.
LA structure fire videos.
The forest fire coverage.
The yellow jacket coverage from France.
European election reports. I love it when they put a camera at a voting location and just let the audio and video run (for hours) with no commenting.
Hurricane video reporting. (Sometimes it could be really stupid!)
The fact that you never know what will turn up next.
THIS is what C-band was like (x1000) in the 1980s and 1990s!

Don't worry, we'll still have the CNN feeds on 87, the NBC feeds on 103, and the FOX and CBS feeds on 99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)