ABC on G16 C-Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Is anyone still getting WPRU-TV(ABC - Aquadilla) on G16 C-Band?
I can get the other four networks but no ABC.

THANKS!

It could have been an issue at the source at that time since they are all on the same transponder.

It could have been an issue at the source at that time since they are all on the same transponder.

I tried it twice last week with the same results. I'm pretty sure I have 90+ signal quality. I am using a Sonicview 1000. When I scanned the transponder, the four channels I got were logged with names like Galaxy XXX. I can't remember what numbers the XXX were, something like 808,809,810,811? I had to watch for almost an hour to tell which channel I was missing.

I don't know why it wouldn't pick up the ABC channel.

I'll try again tonight.

I can't figure it out.

My signal strength bounces between 89-92.
I have tried tweaking both the frequency and symbol rate up and down.
No matter what I do, my scan only picks up CBS, WB, NBC & FOX (in that order).

Any ideas?

Delete the transponder and rescan it. Just a thought? Maybe try playing around with the PID's? Who knows? A rescan won't hurt and it might help....

Al

I tried it twice last week with the same results. I'm pretty sure I have 90+ signal quality. I am using a Sonicview 1000. When I scanned the transponder, the four channels I got were logged with names like Galaxy XXX. I can't remember what numbers the XXX were, something like 808,809,810,811? I had to watch for almost an hour to tell which channel I was missing.

I don't know why it wouldn't pick up the ABC channel.

I'll try again tonight.

Depending on the box, they log different ways

on the Pansat its TV1, TV2, TV3, TV4 & TV5
on the Coolsat 5000 its "TV 1 Galaxy 4 3750 H" etc
on the Coolsat 8000 its blank :)

Delete the transponder and rescan it. Just a thought? Maybe try playing around with the PID's? Who knows? A rescan won't hurt and it might help....

Al

I just did that for fun and they all logged in with no issues

PIDS are 769 (v) 770 (a) 769 (PCR)

Al

Been deleting & scanning til I'm blue.

I didn't know I could add PID's. But that is what it took.
I'm starting to think a "blind scan" uses more built in reference than I thought.

I'm good to go.

THANKS! I appreciate it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts