abc?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
just read this about my local abc

not at home to verify

can anyone check?

ust FYI, at midnight this AM, all ABC affiliates were removed from DIRECTV - WMDT & CW (on the night of Game 1 of the NBA Finals - which means it is intentional, b/c basketball is no longer on TNT with the Finals starting tonight).

DirecTV states that it is a problem with ABC's company (a money deal could not be reached - ABC wanted more for Free over the air programming).

If you want to watch 47, and you are on DirecTV, better go find your old antenna.

http://www.wmdt.com/story/25659583/notice-for-directv-users

Attention WMDT viewers on DirecTV:

At midnight on Wednesday June 4th, our ABC and CW channels may no longer be carried on DirecTV. Nor will our new Me-TV channel be carried on the DirecTV system.

We regret this potential outage, especially in light of the upcoming NBA finals carried on ABC. We have attempted to reach an understanding with DirecTV but were unable to do so. We will continue to hope to avoid an outage until that time.

If you wish to continue watching ABC, CW or Me-TV, they are available free over-the-air on channels 47.1, 47.2, and 47.3 respectively. You may need a small UHF antenna available at every electronics store.

This potential outage affects only DirecTV viewers. It does not effect those who view our programming on Comcast, Mediacom, Verizon/Fios, Dish, and other systems. If you have any questions, please call your DirecTV service representative.

just found that, and emailed both the station and directv.

This is the reason i left dish. Losing stations in the middle of the night with no warning

Looks like the station is trying to force DirecTV to carry the ME TV sub-channel and DirecTV said FU! Then the station took the ball home saying if it couldn't have its way DirecTV couldn't have anything.

Reactions: Broe67
Update:
We are continuing to negotiate with DirecTV but each of our offers and compromises have been rebuffed. The communication lines have remained open continuously and we hope to arrive at a solution soon. We have a new offer on the table this morning (6/5/14).

greed?

from directv

DIRECTV must obtain permission from Marquee Broadcasting to make its local ABC station WMDT and supplemental CW shows available to any of our local Salisbury customers. Marquee is withholding that permission unless we commit families to paying nearly four times more just to see the same programs others can still receive for free.

on a side note, marquee bought wmdt less then a year ago.
its thier first tv station, and the hq is out in the middle of no where, looks like a farm on the map

Well, you can clearly see where the issue is in this dispute then.

Fwiw, these things happen everywhere, not just D* and DISH.
Comcast, TWC and all the others go thru the same things, just at different times and years according to when the contract ends.
It just so happens that if they are smart they have it end when a BIG event is about to start.

For us locally, it was NBC thru Cablesystem, it was right before the Olympics came on and guess what, thre NBC station is STILL OFF Air.

NBC is just asking WAY too much for the amount of good programming they have (in my local market).

Or at least include into the install for those of us that have the HR44 or those with the HR34. An AM21N and offer for discount on an OTA antenna.

My wife thought I was crazy when I spent around $200 to put in an OTA antenna setup up in the attic. Now that we have the AM21N. She likes still being able to get programming when the storms roll through and kill the Satellite signal.

just found that, and emailed both the station and directv.

This is the reason i left dish. Losing stations in the middle of the night with no warning
And that is the reason that unless it's an absolute vital must have channel, switching providers is not a solution. Every carrier is going to have this nonsense going on and until the programmers understand that there's a limit to what the market will bare, you'll be switching every 6 months.

I agree that the AM21 is the best option for locals. It's nice to watch a channel through your Directv receiver for free when they also pay to do the exact same thing. And, as noted - it doesn't go away in the storms. And you get subchannels. And a county line doesn't mean you can't get a channel.

from directv

DIRECTV must obtain permission from Marquee Broadcasting to make its local ABC station WMDT and supplemental CW shows available to any of our local Salisbury customers. Marquee is withholding that permission unless we commit families to paying nearly four times more just to see the same programs others can still receive for free.

FYI these were restored Thursday afternoon after an agreement was reached.

FYI these were restored Thursday afternoon after an agreement was reached.
Glad to see that !

So how long were these stations off air ?
D* is usually pretty good about negotiating and keeping channels on the air till an agreement can be reached, however, it wasn't D* option this time.

Glad to see that !

So how long were these stations off air ?
D* is usually pretty good about negotiating and keeping channels on the air till an agreement can be reached, however, it wasn't D* option this time.

About 12 hours. The good thing is programming was only missing for a short period of time. Everyone on Directv's side takes this seriously as they know how important local programming is.

wasnt long, i just dont like waking up and not seeing the news when i turn the tv on.

there should be a warning from someone.

mdt told me they mentioned it on their 11pm news broadcast, and it was shut off an hour later

wasnt long, i just dont like waking up and not seeing the news when i turn the tv on.

there should be a warning from someone.

mdt told me they mentioned it on their 11pm news broadcast, and it was shut off an hour later
The Network could put a crawl up stating that D* subs may be without service after such and such a day/time.

This is an EXCELLENT reason to have an OTA antenna.

true an ota would have gotten the station, but then any timers would have to be moved/changed ect

true an ota would have gotten the station, but then any timers would have to be moved/changed ect
Ya know what I do ?
ALL of my Local programming that I record is recorded on the OTA antenna signal, not that the D* signal is bad cause it's not, but this way IF the weather is bad, I don't need to worry about missing it due to rain fade.

Ya know what I do ?
ALL of my Local programming that I record is recorded on the OTA antenna signal, not that the D* signal is bad cause it's not, but this way IF the weather is bad, I don't need to worry about missing it due to rain fade.

Me too (usually) except NBC. I get two NBC stations from Directv (WXII HD/WSLS) ... Neither of which are the one I get ota (WNCN) and WNCN is weak and flutters a lot due to distance, instructions and cochannel interference.

Of course, NBC had the issue for some, including me, when recorded. That issue was resolved to Fridays ago but we don't talk about that here. ;-)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)