ABOUT HDD FROM VIP722 TO HOPPER?

BK94541

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
San Francisco
they gonna upgrade my boxs , after 5 years having 3/VIP722S to 5 tuner hooper today .. for 3 HD/TVS
my question is , i have almost 10 FULL external harddrive recorded from TV to DVR transfer to HDD in years ,now i wanna upgrade to HOPPER , so now is it play & transfer contest to hopper from my OLd HDD or i have to start fresh to NEW HDD?
i HOPE not
thanks

I would recommend waiting to connect your ehd until the Hopper is active and pushing life video.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Or even live video. ;)

Yep, it'll work just fine. I and many others have done this.

The Hopper takes up to 72 hrs to get up to speed. Don't mess with your EHDs until afterwards. And yes, just leave the content on them. No need whatsoever to transfer back to Hopper.

Reactions: ChadT41
hey GUYS
Thanks VERY much for Help...Then i gonna let installer ,install the Hooper today in few hours,when he arrives ,coz really wants to cancel it, if my HDDS didn't gonna work with Hopper ..
anyway Thanks & good day :)

Last edited:
IF your Hopper wants to reformat the HDD, don't let it. Unplug and try again another time.

I have done many transfers from 722-written drives to Hopper and then back to another drive--reorganization.
However, a small percentage will not go back out to any EHD after being on the Hopper and coming from the 722. Clogs the Hopper.
-Ken

hank you VERY MUCH guys ,i just let the box settle down around 24 and the first update last night...now i see everything in EDD and plays VERY WELL
thanks again to all of U ...U guys was a BIG HELP! :clapping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)