? about my 10 foot dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
I have a 10' mesh dish with button-hook. How can I tell if my dish is working like
a 10 footer and not smaller. Why I ask is because some signal seem great and some are not coming in any better than the 7.5 I replaced with this dish. I can view 55west to 137west (c-band),and maybe five ku-band signals. I'm mainly asking about the c-band signals. I think my main problem is the pole the dish is on it's not level on the top where the mount sets. Maybe some of you with a 10ft. dish could give me some tp reading from different sats in my range.Maybe one strong and one weak tp. That way I have an idea if my dish is setup good. Thanks:up

well i have 12'ter and some signals are week and some strong its the tps i think some are strong and some week

I have a 10' mesh dish with button-hook. How can I tell if my dish is working like
a 10 footer and not smaller. Why I ask is because some signal seem great and some are not coming in any better than the 7.5 I replaced with this dish. I can view 55west to 137west (c-band),and maybe five ku-band signals. I'm mainly asking about the c-band signals. I think my main problem is the pole the dish is on it's not level on the top where the mount sets. Maybe some of you with a 10ft. dish could give me some tp reading from different sats in my range.Maybe one strong and one weak tp. That way I have an idea if my dish is setup good. Thanks:up

i use a couple of 10 footers and can tell you there is the very finest line between having your dish 99.9% tweaked and 80 % tweaked. the first thing i to make sure the lnb is smack dab centered. its really tuff to do with a button hook. i tried it with 2 dishes i use to have and had enuff with it real quick. both dishes were given quad mounts soon after. a 10 footer should perform well on dvbs2. thats about all i can tell you. haha. hard to compare q's from different setups.

crackt out,.

i tried it with 2 dishes i use to have and had enuff with it real quick. both dishes were given quad mounts soon after. a 10 footer should perform well on dvbs2. thats about all i can tell you. haha. hard to compare q's from different setups.

crackt out,.

So after installing the quad mounts how much improvement was there? I have 4 guy wires on mine it helps a lot.

So after installing the quad mounts how much improvement was there? I have 4 guy wires on mine it helps a lot.

it was night and day. there was really no way to center the lnb across the arc without guy wiring. i just decided to go abit further and fab up the leg pieces and brackets. i was only using a lnbf at the time too. i could imagine how much it would sag with an orthomode feed and 2 lnbs hanging off the end.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts