? about paying bill through 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
I know there's an option to pay my bill through my 722k by going into the interactive menu. I have the 722k connected to my dsl internet. When I try to pay my bill, screen comes up saying dialing and then says I need to have a phone line connected. I thought having the dsl connected would do the same thing. So I have to have it connected to internet and also run a phone line to it? Am I understanding this right?

Thanks for any help.

No need to disconnect, DSL, just plug in an active phone line, for functions that need phone line, the receiver knows what to do.

You DSL line must be filtered to work as a phone line. The high frequencies of DSL will make for no phone connection. If you can, have the DSL modem first on the incoming phone line. It will have a filtered output that can feed the phones. Otherwise you have to put a filter on each phone line, a pain.
The phone line is probably required to uniquely associate the receiver with your account, for your protection. Ethernet could be spoofed easier so I don't know if you can use VOIP.
-Ken

and often it doesnt work for unknown reasons, tried again later it goes thru fine.

perhaps a lack of capacity at es end pretty dumb when your trying to give them money.....

mine tended to always work late at night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)