About projector fixed screen

Cinewhite will give you more accurate color in a controlled lighting situation. Cinegray would be better when ambient lighting can not be controlled completely.

S~

I have two of the ezframes. One in cinewhite and one in cinegray. With a good projector and light control the cinewhite is the way to go.

Stewart costs a lot more but they have a really good product that blocks ambient light, but be aware that blocking the ambient light also cuts the viewing area down as off center viewing suffers. They also have the fancy screens that open and close and have automatic masking products.

I have two of the ezframes. One in cinewhite and one in cinegray. With a good projector and light control the cinewhite is the way to go.

Stewart costs a lot more but they have a really good product that blocks ambient light, but be aware that blocking the ambient light also cuts the viewing area down as off center viewing suffers. They also have the fancy screens that open and close and have automatic masking products.

By ambient light, do you mean the reflection off of the screen onto ceilings and walls?

Thanks

ya i wanna know what is amnient ligthing and control ligthing means for this EZframes cinie gary or white screens for me to buy..
just for my FYI :) before click to buy
I gonna get panasonic4000u with it :)

Ambient light is mostly from lights in the room, windows, etc. Perhaps there is an adjacent room with lights on.

The light reflected from objects surrounding the screen (like a white ceiling) cuts down on black levels, but I have found it is a lot less of a problem than outside light sources. When you have a bright enough object on the screen to light up the ceiling and reflect back on the screen, the bright object tends to cause your eyes not to see the difference in black level.

In a perfectly controlled room there would be no light at all in the room, and all the surfaces adsorb 100% of the light reflected from the screen... Perhaps you even wear ski masks watching the movie to avoid it reflecting off your face... Like I said it is not something most people will notice or care about.

I have one room with dark brown walls and ceiling and one room that is all white. Yes I can easily see the difference with the reflected light. But, 99% of the time I am just watching the TV and do not even think about it. Certainly (to me at least, others might differ) it is not worth the decorating issues of painting the room black.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)