??? about slig and google tv on same 722k

gokartergo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Ca
??? about sling and google tv on same 722k

I currently have a 922, 722k and a 625 The 722k is in the master bedroom with only 1 tv. I have google tv on it for my wife.. I use the 922 and the sling on it.. I just got the free sling for my wife on the 722k. Hooked it up and dishonline would see it. But when ever I went to view it on the iphone it would just stop viewing.. I disconnected the google and it works fine.. Reconnected google and it won't work. Is this an issue?? Can they not be connected to the same machine?? It is hooked to internet by sling adapter. Thanks

Last edited:
I am re posting my answer here in case anyone had the same question, gokartergo. The Logitech Revue has built in internet browsing limitations which prevents any plug-in downloads. This prevents the sling boxes or adapters from being used because remote viewing requires downloading a plug-in. So they can both be used separately but not connected simultaneously.

If I were in that position and had to make a choice, I would jump ship with the sling adapter.

Don't get me wrong google tv is neat but I'd see myself using the sling functionality on my phone.

I might agree this sucks if I understood what Mary said!

The Logitech Revue has built in internet browsing limitations which prevents any plug-in downloads.

I think that's about to change within a month or two. Even the Android Marketplace should be enabled with 3.x on the Logitech Revue. Or are you saying the hardware has limitations and the Revue will never get 3.0 and the Marketplace? :(

This prevents the sling boxes or adapters from being used because remote viewing requires downloading a plug-in. So they can both be used separately but not connected simultaneously.

This does not make sense to me. Are you saying that you can't use the Sling Adapter to stream video to the Revue? Or are you really saying that the two cannot be connected simultaneously to the same 722? I think the OP was saying the latter. I see no reason why you couldn't be using GoogleTV on TV1 and the Sling Adapter on TV2 to a 3rd network device such as an iPhone.

This what the exact information reads as:
"The following applications and functions are not available with Google TV when using the Internet:

• Downloading Applications from the Internet
  • PDF Files
  • Printing
  • Silverlight
  • Plug-in Downloads
    Note: This will prevent customers with Sling Adapters and Slingboxes from remote viewing as this requires downloading a plug-in."​
Yes, both will work on the 722 but we were told they cannot be used on the same 722, at the same time when trying to remote view.

Last edited:
TheKrell said:
I might agree this sucks if I understood what Mary said!

I think that's about to change within a month or two. Even the Android Marketplace should be enabled with 3.x on the Logitech Revue. Or are you saying the hardware has limitations and the Revue will never get 3.0 and the Marketplace? :(

This does not make sense to me. Are you saying that you can't use the Sling Adapter to stream video to the Revue? Or are you really saying that the two cannot be connected simultaneously to the same 722? I think the OP was saying the latter. I see no reason why you couldn't be using GoogleTV on TV1 and the Sling Adapter on TV2 to a 3rd network device such as an iPhone.

I think she must mean that you cannot review a sling feed via google tv. I can report that I have both google tv and a sling adapter connected to my 722 simultaneously and both work.

I cannot speak to viewing the sling adapter via the web, I strictly view via iPad and iPhone.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think that you just can't use the integration part of the google. When I disconnect it they booth work.. So the google is hooked up to the internet via wireless and the 722k is hooked up via sling adapter.. They booth work that way.. Just no integration. which I really wasn't using anyways.. I am guessing that is why it is not supported on the 922 yet..

I think that you just can't use the integration part of the google. When I disconnect it they booth work.. So the google is hooked up to the internet via wireless and the 722k is hooked up via sling adapter.. They booth work that way.. Just no integration. which I really wasn't using anyways.. I am guessing that is why it is not supported on the 922 yet..

Same here , I don't have integration on my 722k a+sling adapter . I never thought integration was worth the extra $4.00 a month. I can sling using my adapter and I can use the google revue just at the same time for netflix and other applications on tv 1.

Same here , I don't have integration on my 722k a+sling adapter . I never thought integration was worth the extra $4.00 a month. I can sling using my adapter and I can use the google revue just at the same time for netflix and other applications on tv 1.

I just ordered the sling adapter and I have Google, I'm assuming the 722 has 2 usb ports on the back>

A powered Usb hub is what I use to be able to put everything on the back of the dvr instead of the front. I use it to run my sling adapter and external hard drive.

Yes, the powered usb hubs are the only ones that work on the dish dvrs.

Can the powered usb hub be plugged directly into the 722 or does it need to plugged into a computer then the 722? I did some powered usb shopping and it seemed to indicate the hub needed to be plugged into a computer. Thanks for your help.

I use an Atomik USB Hub I bought from 1saleaday.com with 10 ports. The USB Wireless, Sling Adapter, and EHD are all connected through it.

It was a great deal ($10/ea).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)