Absolute HD/Dish America - not all channels as before

I believe, most of my (Cleveland) locals are on 61.5. There are some local (SD) channels on 110/119, but I don't really care about those. I guess, I will give E* a call to see if they will be willing to move me to the EA.

Check TheList and you'll see they are also on 129. Cleveland, OH is one of the dual arc cities.

Yep, I am screwed big time. not just absolute hd but lost the prime movie channels also that i was getting free... read on.:(

I moved a month and half back to a location which had commercial account. So i think they changed my package. The CRs told me that as I moved the package has to be changed. But here is something that will help you.

Before I moved, i had the 1 cent Cinemax channels and then i also took the 3 month HBO and Showtime offer for existing customers. After I moved in Mar, i never connected my receiver to telephone or internet. So when I called up at the end of Mar (i called twice) to cancel the 3 month HBO/ST offer, both the reps told me that I dont have them in my programming package. I told them that I am still getting HBO and ST and I shouldnt be charged for that.. they had no clue how was I getting those channels but as they are not part of my programming package, i wont be charged. I got the new bill few days back, they did not charge me for HBO and ST but I was still getting those channels.

Unfortunately, i connected the telephone line to my receiver on Sunday and tried the dishcomm setup. As the rep told me, the pin might have got updated and I lost all the channels (both HD absolute and all the free prime movie channels HBO, ST and Cinemax). On the hindsight, i realized should spend my idle time watching tv rather than experimenting with receiver settings. :(

I am not sure if this is right or wrong.. i leave it to individual's discretion. take the hbo and st offer, do not connect the telephone or internet.. cancel the service after 3 months... see if you still get the channels but are not charged for it...

take the hbo and st offer, do not connect the telephone or internet.. cancel the service after 3 months... see if you still get the channels but are not charged for it...
I think someone at Dish just forgot to turn off your channels or something. If I am not mistaken, what channels you are getting is controlled via the satellite, not via the telephone connection.

I think someone at Dish just forgot to turn off your channels or something. If I am not mistaken, what channels you are getting is controlled via the satellite, not via the telephone connection.

Correct... telephone is used for health stats and uploading PPVs. Channel authorizations are done all by the satellite signal.

What else do you have on your bill to make higher? Mine has always been around $42 after tax for HD Absolute w/locals and one 722.

$6.00 for service plan. I have had to use it several times during the 12+ years with Dish Network. I have never had to pay for any shipping or service charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)