Absolute HD/Dish America - not all channels as before

To grab off of 72.7; you really need 61.5, 72.7, 77... otherwise you'd loose mirrored content from 61.5/129.

I am thinking 1000.4 instead of 500, plus 61.5. Would that work?

Here is the update...after talking to 3 CRs.

3rd CR gave me a proper answer. he told that the hd absolute has been renamed to Dish America from Feb 1. Additionally there are two other packages Dish America Silver and Dish America Gold. I asked him to read the channels under Dish America Gold, the channel list he gave is the same as HD Absolute. So what dish did is that they renamed the HD Absolute to Dish America (not DA gold) and cut down the channels. If the rehit was done after Feb 1, probably those that have hd absolute will loose all the DA gold channels and have only DA channels. If you look at your statement, it shows as Dish America only and not Dish America Gold. He said that if I have been getting the additional channels that are part of DA gold, I should not have been getting them. btw, DA gold is $49.99 and DA is 29.99

Finally, I had to upgrade to America Top 250 + Gold HD in order to get Speed HD, Nat Geo and VS. Increased my total cost by $40.

Btw, dont try this. Yesterday, i connected my receiver to phone line and selected the dishcomm setup. I always connect my receiver to internet but never to phone line. Not sure if the dishcomm setup has rehit my channel programming and that is why i have been reset to Dish America package.

Sorry friend, you just got screwed.

Absolute picked up Shorts and Epix...and I think last time we picked up Retro and Indie.

To be honest scanning through the guide seeing the HD channels that I don't have, it still isn't worth it to upgrade or should I say downgrade.

digiblur has it right. Shorts and Epix are the only new HD channels added to Absolute.
It is still the best value in Sat. or Cable, by far. With the new pricing in effect, my monthly bill has dropped below $50 a month.
Absolute HD with locals and vip622. $48.61 a month.:up

digiblur has it right. Shorts and Epix are the only new HD channels added to Absolute.
It is still the best value in Sat. or Cable, by far. With the new pricing in effect, my monthly bill has dropped below $50 a month.
Absolute HD with locals and vip622. $48.61 a month.:up

What else do you have on your bill to make higher? Mine has always been around $42 after tax for HD Absolute w/locals and one 722.

If Absolute was gone like you say then there would be a ton of threads about this. I just think your receiver needed a rehit and the CSR didnt understand what HD absolute was.

The day they do this to me is the day they can send the empty box for the return of the receiver.

I'm right there with you. Current 'normal' pricing from any of the sat/cable companies is too high for me to justify... just ridiculous really. The Absolute package is right about all I'm willing to pay for TV but it does bug me that I'm not allowed to have my RSN as an add-on.

I flew stupid a few months ago & changed my pac to AT200. After a week I experienced buyers remorse. I then contacted the executive office and they restored my beloved Absolute. WHEW! I'm sure that if my record was less than perfect, it would not have happened.

You were lucky from what I gather. It seems I've read in more than one place that if you even get accidentally switched away from Absolute, there's no return.

the .4 gets 61.5
Ok, then I gues I should just replace the 61.5 dish with the 1000.4. Correct?
Can I still keep the 500 pointed to 110 and 119 in addition to the 1000.4? Or should I disconnect it?
As I understand, all Absolute HD channels can be received with a single 1000.4. So is there any benefit in keeping the 500?

All available channels are on the EA 1000.4. No need for anything else, unless your locals are on another bird. The 1000.4 lnbf has a sat in-port for one additional sat input, if needed.

All available channels are on the EA 1000.4. No need for anything else, unless your locals are on another bird. The 1000.4 lnbf has a sat in-port for one additional sat input, if needed.
I believe, most of my (Cleveland) locals are on 61.5. There are some local (SD) channels on 110/119, but I don't really care about those. I guess, I will give E* a call to see if they will be willing to move me to the EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)