AC3 Clicking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dongray

Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Tennessee
I am trying to get AC3 audio from 125W. I am using a Viewsat PVR 7000, going from its optical audio output to an RCA 5.1 Dolby surround sound system. When on a non AC3 station the audio comes through clear, however when I tune in an AC3 station, the only audio I get is a continuous clicking sound. The Viewsat is set to Dolby Digital = On. There must be something that I am missing. Any help is appreciated.

I had a Viewsat for two years, an Ultra>took them almost that long to release a firmware file that made the AC-3 sound pass-through work properly. Sometimes third party files fix things the factory won't, so you might consider that. Dishnetwork has pretty much put Viewtech out of business, doubt you'll see much tech support from Viewsat in the near future.

I am trying to get AC3 audio from 125W. I am using a Viewsat PVR 7000, going from its optical audio output to an RCA 5.1 Dolby surround sound system. When on a non AC3 station the audio comes through clear, however when I tune in an AC3 station, the only audio I get is a continuous clicking sound. The Viewsat is set to Dolby Digital = On. There must be something that I am missing. Any help is appreciated.

I am totally unfamiliar with VS, but on my CS I had that same problem. What it was is the volume for sound was turned all the way up, when I lowered the level the clicking went away. Also try re-seating connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts