ACC network

footsy

Original poster
Jul 11, 2019
Watertown, NY
Any recent news on DISH adding this channel to their listings? The network launches in late August. According to "getaccn.com" DISH is not as yet listed as one of the providers. They will obviously be broadcasting several Syracuse basketball games which is important to me. Appreciate any input.

I hope it doesn't get forced into the base Flex Pack and cause my bill to rise faster.

If the channel doesn't show up by mid Aug I would say that is cause for concern. I'm waiting on it myself.
All I can say is if they don't add it to my 120 package at least then Dish and I will have issues that I'm afraid won't be resolved with a simple pat on the back promo offering.

I can't remember if I posted this in another ACC Network thread, but I agree that it will be carried because of the fact that Dish says they carry every D1 football game, and that has been a big selling point when they do their fall multi-sport pack promotions. Also, Dish announced SEC Network in March of 2014, 5 months before the network launched because of their contract with Disney/ESPN being renewed. However, if you look at DirecTV, they carved out a separate SEC Network deal because their deal with Disney didn't expire till later that year, and the deal for SEC Network on DirecTV wasn't finalized until the week the network was launching - I think the deal was only 4 or 5 days before launch.

All of these conference networks should be in 120+ or higher, or in the regional sports packs. Keep them out of the lower priced packs.

Reactions: osu1991
All of these conference networks should be in 120+ or higher, or in the regional sports packs. Keep them out of the lower priced packs.

I don't see the harm in making them into its own pack with perhaps locals.
I'd prob drop everything else and do that when fall comes since the rest of the things watched I can stream be it free or small subs.

16 days left - YT Tv picked it up but so far nothing from Dish and from reading a few twitter feeds nothing from a few other providers yet like Comcast too.
I'm gonna sub to YT Tv if they don't pick it up by time the first game airs and then start calling them to raise hell.. they will lose me over this that is for sure.

Oh for God's sake, they haven't even started the station yet. I'd bet my next paycheck that it will be there at startup. Of course I'm retired but..... :)

Reactions: zippyfrog
How long has that been the case?
SNY, YES, MSG, MSG+ and MSG Buffalo have not been carried by DISH for nearly 10 years. In Western NY our RSN's are FSN-Ohio (now currently in dispute) and ATT Pittsburgh. My belief is that the next time the contract with ATT-PIT comes up that RSN will be lost too and as time goes on all RSN's will not be carried by DISH. There is a lot of recent discussion in the official HBO thread here that lays things out pretty well.

I mentioned in my other post that it appears based off of the recent channel shuffling on Wednesday's uplink that Dish has cleared out 411, potentially for ACC Network to be right next to SEC, PAC12, and Big10. Scott posted in that thread that his gut tells him we will see it by launch day. And, unlike the FOX, AT&T, NBC or other RSN's, these college networks cover a much larger area of interest and more teams than a single RSN - and are a lot cheaper. SEC Network was about $1.30 per subscriber for SEC area and 25 cents for the rest of the county, and reports are ACC Network is going to be around the same. Even if ACC Network costs $2 in ACC states and 50 cents the rest of the country, that is quite a bit less than the $4-$6 per subscriber per in-market RSN. (Note: The extreme has YES Network charging $6.37 per subscriber (according to Forbes))

I can easily see Dish dropping the remaining RSN's but getting ACC Network, keeping all the college networks and continuing the marketing that Dish is the place for College Football.

I mentioned in my other post that it appears based off of the recent channel shuffling on Wednesday's uplink that Dish has cleared out 411, potentially for ACC Network to be right next to SEC, PAC12, and Big10. Scott posted in that thread that his gut tells him we will see it by launch day. And, unlike the FOX, AT&T, NBC or other RSN's, these college networks cover a much larger area of interest and more teams than a single RSN - and are a lot cheaper. SEC Network was about $1.30 per subscriber for SEC area and 25 cents for the rest of the county, and reports are ACC Network is going to be around the same. Even if ACC Network costs $2 in ACC states and 50 cents the rest of the country, that is quite a bit less than the $4-$6 per subscriber per in-market RSN. (Note: The extreme has YES Network charging $6.37 per subscriber (according to Forbes))

I can easily see Dish dropping the remaining RSN's but getting ACC Network, keeping all the college networks and continuing the marketing that Dish is the place for College Football.
Besides that it's a ESPN affiliated network.

Reactions: zippyfrog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts