Access to EHDs in multi-Hopper architecture

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
We have two Hoppers (one with Sling) and four Joeys. Just noticed today that a Joey is only able to see an external hard drive if the drive is connected to the Hopper the Joey is linked to. And I have found no way for one Hopper to access movies stored on an EHD connected to the other Hopper--short of physically moving the EHD between Hoppers or transferring the movie from the EHD back to its Hopper internal storage. Anyone know if Dish will "correct" this situation with new software? Or is there a work-around that I have not found?

There is talk of partial integration, where a timer on Hopper #2 can be set from Hopper #1 and vice versa. But I have heard nothing of improved access to EHDs. <sigh>

I have a feeling that both the DishAnywhere and Hopper-to-Hopper EHD issues are pretty low on their priority list, if at all. Probably not enough users utilizing EHDs to make it to the top of the list. Kind of like the "add individual OTA channel" issue, just too low of a percentage of OTA module users for them to rush to it.

Besides, they're too busy needlessly changing the UI every update... ;)

One of the uses I see for a wireless Joey is to be able to easily move it to different TVs. Then you can link it to a HWS or Hopper that is in a different room and see all your EHDs. Once it is available I will replace one of my hard wired Joeys that we use very rarely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)