access via ethernet

jjxray71

Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
I have a newbie question? I connect my PC to the ethernet connector on the back of the VIP622. It finds my network and the unit is assigned to 192.168.1.103. I am getting correct pinging to the unit.

What do I need now to access and see the Drive in this unit?

F/u from JJXRY71

I Had A Previous Dish Unit That I Accessed And Installed Via A Linux Utility I Had Found. It Allowed Me To Access The Drive Info Via Its Ip Address. I.e Tivomad, Or Mfstools.

Is There Anything Out There Now I Can Use To Do This Without Hacking Into The Box Itself (don't Want To Open And Break Seals)

Once I Can Access The Drive I Have Tystudio That Can Decrypt The Shows To Mpeg4.

As a Network administrator and security analysis, I can tell you that dish has there programming locked tight on the 622, and with Linux it is possable to see the drive and you can format it, but anything beyond that like taking programming off of the drive is a no go because of the DRM management on the content. Even when you take the programming off of it, its unusable because of drm and encryption methods used. Anything beyond that is hacking and we all know what that will get ya :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts