According to Denver Post...the Knicks get 'Melo....

You are ASSUMING that it went up due to Isiah. I would say the offer from the NETS had alot more to do with it than Isiah's meddling.

Here goes the ASSUMING word game again... :rolleyes:

Nobody except Dolan and Isiah know for sure, and they'll never tell. But one thing that is NOT an assumption is that the toxic one has been known to overpay a time or two...or ten.

Eddie Curry for Tyrus Thomas AND Joaquim Noah ring a bell? They were the guys the Bulls picked with the KNICKS draft choices they received from the Knicks for Curry.

Either way, Donnie Walsh's line is hysterical! Everyone in New York is pulling for Florida International in March lol.

Sandra

Here goes the ASSUMING word game again... :rolleyes:

Nobody except Dolan and Isiah know for sure, and they'll never tell. But one thing that is NOT an assumption is that the toxic one has been known to overpay a time or two...or ten.

Eddie Curry for Tyrus Thomas AND Joaquim Noah ring a bell? They were the guys the Bulls picked with the KNICKS draft choices they received from the Knicks for Curry.

Either way, Donnie Walsh's line is hysterical! Everyone in New York is pulling for Florida International in March lol.

Sandra

And there is no assuming the the offer set by the NETS was better anything that was being offered by the Knicks. There is also no assuming that Carmelo wanted both the Knicks AND the 3 year $65 million extension that there was a VERY good chance it was not going to be available in the next CBA.

And though I am not sticking up for Isiah, funny how Isiah is not worried baout his job, but Donnie is worried about Isiah's in March...isn't that when Donnie contract expires?

And there is no assuming the the offer set by the NETS was better anything that was being offered by the Knicks. There is also no assuming that Carmelo wanted both the Knicks AND the 3 year $65 million extension that there was a VERY good chance it was not going to be available in the next CBA.

Not sure what you're getting at here. The Nets and Nuggets agreed on a trade, but from the Nets side it was contingent on Carmelo agreeing to sigh the extension. He would not. That's what we know for sure.

And though I am not sticking up for Isiah, funny how Isiah is not worried baout his job, but Donnie is worried about Isiah's in March...isn't that when Donnie contract expires?

You sure have a funny way of not sticking up for Isiah LOL.

Sandra

Not sure what you're getting at here. The Nets and Nuggets agreed on a trade, but from the Nets side it was contingent on Carmelo agreeing to sigh the extension. He would not. That's what we know for sure.

You sure have a funny way of not sticking up for Isiah LOL.

Sandra

Denver and the NETS agreed upon the deal but the NETS owner knew full well that Carmelo was not gonna come to New Jersey. The simple fact that it was OUT in the media that they did agree...and the Knicks knowing that Carmelo WANTED to come to NY, put even more pressure to anty up the offer.

And as far as sticking up for Isiah....I have no ties to him...but I am sticking up for FIU, since you seem to now take some sort of guilty pleasure in making fun of them.

Does anyone remember Sindey Wicks's first game with the Celtics? Dave Cowens fouled out and Wicks had a 20-20 game and singlehandedly carried the Celtics to a win in overtime. It was all downholl from there.

Last edited:
He played well but then again it was against the bucks. He's a great player no doubt.

salsadancer7 said:
What do you think of the Celtics giving up Davis and Robinson?

It's Perkins, not Davis.

I understand and like the trade with OKC. Green will be a hell of a 7th man. Kristic is an offensive upgrade over Perkins. Nate Robinson was basically useless this year.

Don't quite get the dump of 2 players to Cleveland.

Denver and the NETS agreed upon the deal but the NETS owner knew full well that Carmelo was not gonna come to New Jersey. The simple fact that it was OUT in the media that they did agree...and the Knicks knowing that Carmelo WANTED to come to NY, put even more pressure to anty up the offer.

And as far as sticking up for Isiah....I have no ties to him...but I am sticking up for FIU, since you seem to now take some sort of guilty pleasure in making fun of them.

I really don't care at all about FIU. I don't even know where in Florida they are...but if you're sticking up for them, I think I now know. Did I say anything about them before they brought in the toxic false prophet? I didn't even know they existed before he went there.

Take that as a dig if you like, but I'm sure you're not really up on the history of our local university, Monmouth, even though they have been to the NCAA tournament recently.

Sandra

Does anyone remember Sindey Wicks's first game with the Celtics? Dave Cowens fouled out and Wicks had a 20-20 game and singlehandedly carried the Celtics to a win in overtime. It was all downhill from there.

From ESPN.com:
Carmelo Anthony missed a key late free throw and fouled out of his first road game with the Knicks, who took Cleveland too lightly and were embarrassed and beaten 115-109 on Friday night by the fired-up Cavaliers.

It's Perkins, not Davis.

I understand and like the trade with OKC. Green will be a hell of a 7th man. Kristic is an offensive upgrade over Perkins. Nate Robinson was basically useless this year.

Don't quite get the dump of 2 players to Cleveland.

Thank you very much.

We needed 2 young bigs. A 2nd round pick seems well worth it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)